• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRCMAN
    aka KIMBO
    • Jan 2008

Good Garage for Auto Repair

Ok........... Since I just got the mini van fixed here's some good info.

I usually do all my Mechanic work (Due to being cheap ), but sometimes it's just to much work. The water pump went and since it's driven by the timing belt Game over for me fixing this. Anyway I got an estimate from my usual guy $1700-$1900+- Then went to Honest-1 Auto Care on Washington Pike in Bridgeville. His estimate, after FREE diagnosis $1056.52

Gave him the go ahead on Saturday at noon Got the van back Yesterday This place gets an AAA+++ in my book. This was a big job done right when he said it would be done and to the penny

Just a F.Y.I.
  • Rockbound
    Jedi Master
    • Jan 2008

Re: Good Garage for Auto Repair

thats good to here! its getting harder and harder to find a decent auto mechanic you can trust to work on cars. luckily my father has been a mechanic all his life between he and i we can pretty much do any job. We are always working on some ones car in the family.

Comment

• STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
      Grasshopper
      • Jan 2008

good to hear!!! is he the garage next to the K-mart/Giant Eagle plaza on the bridgeville side?

since i met my GF, if i cant do the work, or my uncle (who is a mechanic), i usually take my car up to Howard's Auto Service up in Evans City....

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
        Site Admin
        • Dec 2007

Another great garage is B & D Auto in Pleasant Hills, PA...

Ask for Rege and tell him I sent you...
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

• Bustedcrawler
          Honorary Rules Guy
          • Dec 2007

I personally prefer Busted's Busted Knuckle Garage.

I have a long long list of horror stories, pretty much anytime I have EVER let a shop touch one of my trucks I have been screwed . So I just do it myself. There isn't a part on a car or truck I haven't worked on or rebuilt, so I will stick with this route. Besides wrenching is very therapeutic for me

I only deal with specialty shops that come highly recommended. Machine shops for motors, clutch shops, that type of deal. I won't work with body shops anymore...well there are a couple but I am not shipping my junk off

Comment

• joe_and_jeep
            Noob
            • Jan 2008

Wifey gave me the go ahead to put a 2 post lift in the new garage. So next spring I will have a lift to do work. I work at Mr. Tire in Moon TWP, so if you need anything done lemme know. I'll talk the salesman into a hookup.

Comment

• Bustedcrawler
              Honorary Rules Guy
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
              Wifey gave me the go ahead to put a 2 post lift in the new garage. So next spring I will have a lift to do work. I work at Mr. Tire in Moon TWP, so if you need anything done lemme know. I'll talk the salesman into a hookup.

Where were ya last week when I needed a spindle bearing pulled

We need to hit up the Crescent damn sometime soon

Comment

• Rockbound
                Jedi Master
                • Jan 2008

ahh i just bought new tires for my trailblazer yesterday!!

Comment

• STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
                  Grasshopper
                  • Jan 2008

ohhhhhh, i bet that would make putting on a lift kit a snap!

Comment

• DRCMAN
                    aka KIMBO
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
                    good to hear!!! is he the garage next to the K-mart/Giant Eagle plaza on the bridgeville side?

since i met my GF, if i cant do the work, or my uncle (who is a mechanic), i usually take my car up to Howard's Auto Service up in Evans City....
                    Actually they are right next to Eat n' Park near Kirwan heights exit off I79.

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
                    I personally prefer Busted's Busted Knuckle Garage.
                    I usually tell the neighbors I'm going to Del's Garage Lot's of late night and blood Getting to old and no time for big jobs though

I used to have access to my buddy's body shop/garage We'd B.S. and he'd end up helping; it was tool/lift heaven Unfortunately he decided to retire

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                    Another great garage is B & D Auto in Pleasant Hills, PA...

Ask for Rege and tell him I sent you...
                    What's the address? I grew up in Jefferson Hills and good ol'e dad needs a mechanic other than me

Comment

• Rckcrwlr
                      Site Admin
                      • Dec 2007

Not sure the address but he is across the street from Weis' Meats over near Sheetz on Lebanon Church Road. It is that side road...
                      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X