• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rckcrwlr
    Site Admin
    • Dec 2007

Rckcrwlr's Aux Hyd Taillight Bracket Guard

How many of you with the JD 4#5 tractors have rattling or broken taillights?

How frustrating is it to take great care of your tractor only to have those lights rattle and shake?

Well, I have to say that the previous owner of my 455 was meticulous about his tractor but when it came to these taillights, he actually apologized to me for them. He had duct tape, caulking and glue trying to stop them from rattling.

So one of the first things I did was order new light buckets and lenses. I also ordered new liners for inside the buckets (waste of money).

In researching the rattling, I found Auxiliary Hydraulics (www.auxhyd.com) and they had resolution for this design flaw from JD. Introducing the Bracket To Guard Tail Lights Against Breakage 415 425 445 455.

What a simple concept. Create a bracket that protects the bucket and also places resistance on the bucket so it doesn't rattle.

Installation was a breeze but let me first show you the new buckets...

When you order the new buckets there is also a part for the liner....do not order this part. It is basically a piece of thin plastic that is folded to fit in the bucket. This material will move, warp and discolor over time...
    Take a little time and prep the inside of the bucket, tape off the exposed edges and prime/paint the inside of the bucket with a gloss with paint. Boom done.

Now to the Aux Hyd Guards...

They have great installation directions on the website for step by step.

These are design for the simplest of installation. Drill two holes where the bucket already had marks...how simple is that...

Then you just install the buckets in the fender pan and place the supplied screws in through the outside.

Align the guard and loosely place the nuts on

Slowly tighten the nuts, alternating back and forth to ensure that the guard is not getting torqued to one side or the other. The guard should be tightening against the bucket....don't overtighten or you will crack the bucket.

Install your lenses and there you have it.

And with the bulbs in you get no shadowing from the JD Liners.

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread
  • old man 52
    Rock Crusher
    • Apr 2008

Wow , those look great
    Jeep Head

Comment

Working...
    X