Frick Park in Pittsburgh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frick Park in Pittsburgh.

I know some of you guys have seen the thread over at RCC, but I thought I would post this here in case anyone hasn't seen it before.

Lower Frick Park in Pittsburgh has some great spots to crawl.

Some pics of the rocks beside 9 mile run creek just beside the rock pile in the pics above.

I don't have a scaler yet, but there are a lot of good spots for scalers.

This spot is right beside 9 mile run. It's about 400-500 yards inside of Frick Park from the Irish Center. If you know where the parking lot is in Lower Frick park, it's only about 200 yards from the parking lot. It's near where the old football field used to be.

The red line circle is the rock pile. The green circle is the Irish Center, the purple circle is the parking lot in Lower Frick Park. The white circle is the soccer field, and the blue circle is where the old football field used to be (It's not there anymore).

The best way to get there, is to go to the parking lot of Lower Frick Park. It's only about a 200 yard walk to the rock pile from there.

A closer veiw.

The green arrow is the trail to the Irish Center. The purple arrow is to the parking lot, and the red line is the trail to the rock pile. The blue line is 9 mile run creek. Red circles are three spots to crawl.

I live less than 5 minutes from this spot, so if anyone wants to crawl there, let me know, I would like to meet some of the local crawlers.

Steve

Re: Frick Park in Pittsburgh.

Now this is finding a spot to crawl...

Steve...where have you been??

Only thing I see as an issue would be proximity to the parking. Some of us have a ton of stuff that they bring and are not young bucks anymore...

I want to try it though...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

heck yeah that looks awsome!!

Comment

These spots are also in lower Frick Park, but are a little further from the parking lot.

Another nice spot for 2.2 rigs.

If you're into scalers+water...and who isn't (I wish I had a scaler).

The water in this creek is about 1-3 inches deep, and is even shallower in the summer.

Steve

Comment

man we gotta all get together and go out there for a fun day!!

Comment

Hell that looks like a killer spot for a scaler run...
            Hey Dad, you ever consider a lil red wagon to haul yer stuff?

Comment

After seeing holmes BL Pink Bike...I am working on a BL Red Wagon that can haul me with my stuff...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                After seeing holmes BL Pink Bike...I am working on a BL Red Wagon that can haul me with my stuff...
                lol that would be killer!!

make enough room for me to ride too!! or a trailer!

Comment

Awesome spot!!!!!!

My office is about five minutes from there and I drove down there today at lunch and walked around. Huge parking area lots of space and terrain to crawl and trail run. From the parking lot it's pretty much a level walk so 200 Yd. +- is a cake walk. Probably not that far.

The only people I ran into were dog walkers ( "I know she's a Doberman but she just wants to play." WHAT?!?!? ). Anyhow no troubles and a great spot. I may take the comp truck down there tomorrow if I get time.

Also for the water lovers down by the Irish Center lots of good WET/dry spots to run. Pretty marshy though and not much Parking.

Comment

Ok, I went down to Frick Park during lunch today. This is the report. I parked in the large parking lot next to the soccer field.

The walk to the rock pile was a short five minute stroll, past the soccer field and left. The rock pile had great lines plenty of steep/off camber ups and downs. Not enough space for a Comp though, after an hour I climbed up/over and under every spot I could think of.

This place is scaler heaven though

Tons of varying terrain, from wooded trails to water crossings to rock lines streams. the scaler areas go in all directions, even right off the parking area. the only issue I see is that Nine Mile Run is a aquatic conservation restoration area. Not sure if a large group would draw attention from the City of PGH. parks dept. Lots of other spots to run if that becomes an issue though.

Also I even had tome to meet my Little [b]Doberman[/b] friend As I was loading up she decided to come see what was in the Blazer Once again ("It's ok she just wants to play "). what's wrong with this woman

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
                      Ok, I went down to Frick Park during lunch today. This is the report. I parked in the large parking lot next to the soccer field.

The walk to the rock pile was a short five minute stroll, past the soccer field and left. The rock pile had great lines plenty of steep/off camber ups and downs. Not enough space for a Comp though, after an hour I climbed up/over and under every spot I could think of.

This place is scaler heaven though

Tons of varying terrain, from wooded trails to water crossings to rock lines streams. the scaler areas go in all directions, even right off the parking area. the only issue I see is that Nine Mile Run is a aquatic conservation restoration area. Not sure if a large group would draw attention from the City of PGH. parks dept. Lots of other spots to run if that becomes an issue though.

Also I even had tome to meet my Little [b]Doberman[/b] friend As I was loading up she decided to come see what was in the Blazer Once again ("It's ok she just wants to play "). what's wrong with this woman
                      The rock pile has some nice lines, and I hope to have time to move some of the rocks there to create some more lines. I haven't moved any of the rocks next to the creek to make some lines, but with so many rock down there, I'm sure I can make some great lines along the creek.

I don't see the city being concerned about people crawling in the Nine mile run area. Hundreds of people walk, jog or ride bikes through there every week, so I don't see any problems.

I don't know if you saw this the other pile of rocks while you were there. They are off in the other direction from the parking lot.

I haven't crawled these rocks yet, but it looks like a good spot also. This park is a pretty good place for us guys who live or work some close. Maybe I'll see you there someday.

Steve

PS. I haven't met your doberman friend yet.

Comment

No need to move them...that is part of the fun. In 1:1 you can't move them. Don't worry about it...we find lines.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                          No need to move them...that is part of the fun. In 1:1 you can't move them. Don't worry about it...we find lines.
                          I kinda enjoy moving things around to make new lines (I made a few more today). It's almost as much fun as driving what you build. Well, not really, but it is sort of fun.

Comment

are u going back today we could meat u some were

Comment

Steve,
                              I'm close to Frick (just across the bridge). I've set up the Wheely King so it's a better climber and fun bashing trail rig. I wouldn't mind meeting up for just some crashing around. I have to wait till next month to do any further mods though.

jake

Comment

Working...
                              X