Urgent: Event related announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Event related announcement

It is with great frustration that I need to make this announcement.

Due to current situations with people not taking accountability for their own actions, the club has been forced to implement a Letter of Release.

This letter needs to be signed by anyone that wants to participate in an event sponsored by W.Pa.C. This legal document will release all liability from the club, it's officers and members.

Please understand that I tried to find another way of avoiding this but it came back to the same scenario...

There will also be an incremental fee due to the expense (to be announced). I will keep it as minimal as possible.

Please understand that this MUST be signed for you to participate. You will only need to sign it one time per year and will part of the Membership Renewal Process for Members. Non-Members will need to sign it and we will keep it on file.

Minors will need a Parent or Guardian fill out the form.

As I said, it is unfortunate that we have to do this but I want to protect the members of the club from possible liability.

Thank you,
    Admin
    Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 05-17-2009, 10:04 PM.

Re: URGENT: EVENT RELATED ANNOUNCEMENT

wow, what brought this on? is someone trying to F#*kin' sue wpac or one of its members? Ill sign but please fill me in. ill keep it on the low.

Comment

Is the letter available online or will it be available at the next event?

Comment

i have no prob signing anything, but yeah whats up??what happened??

Comment

The issue is that people these days do not feel that they should be accountable for themselves. This is just to protect us from the possibility of that happening in the future. The club is growing fast, which means that issues grow incrementally.

Please understand, that the officers are constantly evaluating the club situations to make sure that it stays the way we planned. Most people come to the events, run and then go home. We are constantly communicating and discussing opportunities and issues.

Don't get me wrong, we love doing it but we would hate for it all to turn bad due to an incident.

Things are going as normal...just need to put your John Han**** on a letter... Then back to crawln...

Thanks
          sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

If you have them at the comp, I can sign it there.

Comment

Comment

Cool
                Better safe than sorry.

Comment

I see a number of problems with a release. First, only a very well written release and/or waiver has any chance of holding up in court. Second, you hold events in two different states, meaning it would be even harder to write a decent release and waiver. Third, minors can't enter into contracts in PA, and not even the parents or guardians can waive a minor's rights.

Does Wpac have insurance? Is Wpac an LLC, or are you incorporated? If someone personally owns and operates Wpac, they may want to look into making it an LLC to remove their personal liability.

Good luck, I hope you don't have any problems in the future.

Comment

This release was drawn up by an attorney. We are not waiving rights, the club is not an organization at all, there are no owners, etc. We are a group of people that get together.

I am not an attorney and don't want to be one...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                      I am not an attorney and don't want to be one...
                      ohh, so i see you like your soul, too!!!

anyway, that's fine, i sign anything.....

i don't see how someone can get hurt playing with "toy trucks", but, whatevers.....

and now, back to crawlin'.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stburr91
                        I see a number of problems with a release. First, only a very well written release and/or waiver has any chance of holding up in court. Second, you hold events in two different states, meaning it would be even harder to write a decent release and waiver. Third, minors can't enter into contracts in PA, and not even the parents or guardians can waive a minor's rights.

Does Wpac have insurance? Is Wpac an LLC, or are you incorporated? If someone personally owns and operates Wpac, they may want to look into making it an LLC to remove their personal liability.

ooo someone thinks they are a lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
                          Originally posted by Stburr91

ooo someone thinks they are a lawyer
                          To bad playing a lawyer on the Internet doesn't pay as well as actually being a lawyer.

I've done a lot of training with firearms, so I've seen my fair share of releases and waivers. Plus I have a friend that is a lawyer, and we've talked about releases and waivers, everything I know comes from him. That's how I know there's a big difference between the one page release I've signed for some of the martial arts classes I've taken, and the multi page release, waiver, covenant not to sue, agreement to cover the legal cost and pay any damages awarded in a settlement in the event you do sue, legal document. Yeah, like I've said, I've seen my fair share of releases, and waivers.

It costs a lot of money to cover your a$$. A one page release won't do much for you these days.

Comment

i'll sign it no prob might have a prob with mikey (razor rc) with the next comp as our dad wont be there unless i would be counted as his guardian dont know as i am only 20 but i am his brother

Comment

This is only to protect the club from liability. I fought having to do this but the key is that there are people out there that look for these opportunities.

This is all we need to make sure that people that are competing are aware that there are hazards to this hobby and that the "club", just because we schedule it, is not liable for something that happens to you.

It is that or spending $300 + on Insurance a year...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X