I'll be at Frick Park this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be at Frick Park this weekend

I'm wasn't sure where to post this, fell free to move it if it doesn't belong here.

I'll going to try to make it to Frick Park this weekend, and wanted to know if anyone was interested in meeting there. (The place in this thread http://hawkeye.cybercious.com/wprc/v...php?f=63&t=356) I can give you the nickle tour of the park.

If anyone is interested, just let me know when you would like to meet.

The park is only 5 minutes from my house, so I would be able to meet there most any weekend with just a day or two notice. I'd be happy to show you guys the good spots.

Steve

Re: I'll be at Frick Park this weekend

I work about 5 minutes from there and was down there today scouting around. Great place! I probably will drop down there during lunch if I get time. Weekends are going to be tight, but I'll post up if I get a chance to run there.

-Del

Comment

family weekend i am out. wish i could go! looks great there.

Comment

I'll definitely be going to Frick Park this week.

I have a very flexible work schedule on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I could meet up any time on those days. If anyone wants to meet there, just let me know.

Steve

Comment

Thursday should work. About 11:00AM ? I'll have to head out about 1:00 at the latest to get to a school concert. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
            Thursday should work. About 11:00AM ? I'll have to head out about 1:00 at the latest to get to a school concert. Let me know.
            Thursday at 11:00am sounds good to me, I'll be there.

Steve

Comment

Cool. I'll be in the lower parking lot. Red 2 door blazer and the only other guy with an Rc

Comment

I met up with DRCMAN today for a little crawling at Frick Park. We hit the rock pile, and then made our way up a gully full or rocks (that turned out to be the toughest climb of the day). Then we hit the rocks beside the creek, that's where DRCMAN popped a drive shaft, and I got some string and weeds so tangled up in my axle and drive shaft, that it stop my truck. I cut my truck free, as DRCMAN went and got his scaler, and we were back crawler in no time. We had some much fun, that two hours went by before we knew it, and DRCMAN had to go meet his wife for a school concert (I hope you weren't late).

All in all, a good time was had, and we talked about doing it again next weekend, and were hoping to see some of you other guys make it to this great spot.

DRCMAN, it was good to meet you, and I look forward to meeting up again soon.

Steve

Comment

Great day of crawling indeed!!!!!!!

Great to meet up with you Stburr91 (Steve)

Definitely a lot more fun running when you've got someone to crawl with. The rock pile proved to be a great starting point, then came the gully Looked to be a great scale spot but proved merciless and difficult for a comp rig. The gully was a blast and was great playing follow the leader. Then as Stburr91 said on to the Creek. Lots more lines than it appears just walking by, this was a blast also. Never popped a drive shaft in a comp or anywhere else until today It's all good and back together for Sunday Lots of off camber and holes to drop in. This was definitely a fast two hours. I made it to the kindergarten concert right on time I've got to stop multi tasking

Great to meet you Steve and I'll post up as soon as I know what the next couple of weekends look like. Also don't forget about the A.B. Charles event on May 3rd

Comment

Working...
                  X