trail ride at frick park sunday 4-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trail ride at frick park sunday 4-27

trying to get together a scaler trail ride at frick park tomorrow if anyone is interested. Lewis just called me about it so i am posting up here. check back for times.

Re: trail ride at frick park

That sounds awesome but can't make it.
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I can make it, and I should have my scaler up and running tomorrow.

I'm not waterproof yet, how about you guys?

Let me know if you need direction.

Steve

Comment

partially water proof here. i will not be submerging i will run about 3/4 tire deep. i was out snooping around on day at work but i couldn't find the spot. where should we park? and how do we get to the rocks/creek?

Comment

Re: trail ride at frick park sunday 4-27

You want to go to Lower Frick Park.

If you are coming from the West, you will take the Parkway East (headed outbound) you will take the Edgewood/Swissvale exit. The off ramp forks twice, veer left at both forks on the off ramp. At the end of the ramp, you will merge onto Braddock Ave. Take Braddock to the first traffic light. Make a left at the light onto Hutchinson Ave. On Hutchinson Ave. go four blocks (At the forth stop sign, you will see a sign saying "To Lower Frick Park) make a right and go all the way down that street. The park entrance is at the end of that street, the road to the park goes downhill to the parking lot. Park at the far end of the parking lot (closest to the soccer field). From the parking lot, walk to the other end of the soccer field, and take the path to the left over a little bridge. Follow the path for about 100 yards to get to the good spot on the creek. You will see the creek on your right.

If you are coming from the East, take the Parkway East (Inbound) to the Edgewood/Swissvale exit. At the end of the ramp (At a traffic light) make a right onto Braddock Ave. Take Braddock to the first traffic light. Make a left at the light onto Hutchinson Ave. On Hutchinson Ave. go four blocks (At the forth stop sign, you will see a sign saying "To Lower Frick Park) make a right and go all the way down that street. The park entrance is at the end of that street, the road to the park goes downhill to the parking lot. Park at the far end of the parking lot (closest to the soccer field). From the parking lot, walk to the other end of the soccer field, and take the path to the left over a little bridge. Follow the path for about 100 yards to get to the good spot on the creek. You will see the creek on your right.

The purple circle is the parking lot in Lower Frick Park. The white circle is the soccer field, and the blue circle is where the old football field used to be (It's not there anymore).

The best way to get there, is to go to the parking lot of Lower Frick Park. It's only about a 200 yard walk to the rock pile from there.

The green arrow is the trail to the Irish Center. The purple arrow is to the parking lot, and the red line is the trail to the rock pile. The blue line is 9 mile run creek. Red circles are three spots to crawl.

Let me know what time you want to meet, and I can meet you in the parking lot. I drive a 95 Honda Civic.

Comment

So is this scalers only or can the comp rigs come out buddy?

Comment

you can bring your comp rig, everyone is welcome to come and bring whatever they want. the more the marrier

Comment

Stburr91

thanks i was snooping around the upper part of the park by the science center. no wonder i couldn't find anything

Comment

ok guys anyone that wants to come play we will be meeting at frick park at 10:30am

hope to see you guys there.

Comment

can't wait :dom:

Comment

I might be down for an hour or so... the morning will tell...
                      I wanna go craw;ing so bad!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crawler_king
                        I might be down for an hour or so... the morning will tell...
                        I wanna go craw;ing so bad!!!!!
                        come on yo!!

Comment

come on with it. charging right now

Comment

on the way

Comment

Lot of fun today.. To bad I let the smoke out of the ol F-150....

Comment

Working...
                              X