Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ9 Announcement!

Copy and pasted from General Discussion on RCMT.net:

Well, the time is here again! Can you all believe this is the *9th* running of the BIG PA MJ race?!!!!! 9 years and still going!!!

MJ9 is on Saturday August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd.
    Bradenville, Pennsylvania

Events will be held indoors except the Trials Portion of the event, it will be outside weather permitting.
    Entry fee for Saturday Racing:
    1st Truck = $20.00
    2nd Truck = $15.00
    3rd Truck = $5.00
    4th truck or beyond = FREE
    RCMT members get a $5.00 discount at registration for mentioning they are an RCMT member.

Sponsors.......We need sponsors so if you'd like to help out, please contact me at [email protected]
    1. Defiance Racing & Performance defianceracing.com/

Race winners will receive trophies and 2nd and 3rd receive ribbons. If we can secure some sponsors for this race we will again have door prizes and give-aways as we have done at prior events.

Schedule of events:
    SATURDAY
    ---Doors open at 10:00AM
    ---Practice and registration from 10:00AM to 12:00PM
    ---Concourse begins at 12:00PM
    ---Racing begins ~ 1:00PM
    ---Drag Racing at conclusion of featured racing event (2WD and 4WD) $5.00 per entry.
    ---Long Jump immediately after Drags (2WD and 4WD) Free if already entered in Saturday racing events.

SUNDAY
    ---Doors open at 9:00AM
    ---Sign-up for events from 9:00AM to 10:00AM
    ---Trials Course

***Trials Competition***
    There will be *5* classes at this event. There will be:
    1. Novice (For total beginners, run whatever you have....2WD or 4WD)
    2. 2WD
    3. 4WD (2.2 tire trucks) ex. Bruiser, TLT etc....
    4. 4WD (Clod size tire trucks)
    5. 4WD Extreme

Trials Competition Rules:

----Novice Class:
    Just for beginners. "Run what you brung" which means open to just about any vehicle type.
    Will run on the 2wd course, must physically fit on the course.
    If you run this class, you can not run any other class, BEGINNERS ONLY!
    (think of it as the class for true beginners, children and nylints)

----2wd Class:
    Basically any type of 2wd Monster Truck. May be front or rear wheel drive.
    No limit on motors, batteries or suspension setup.
    No limit on tire size or tread. Must physically fit on the course.

----4wd Class:
    Basically any type of 4wd Monster Truck. Only allowed ONE "serious crawling" mod.
    ("serious crawling" mods include, but are not limited to the following:
    4 wheel steer, locked diffs, gear reductions or "dig" setups.)
    More than ONE "serious crawling" mod and you need to move to 2.2 4wd or Extreme.

----2.2 4wd Class:
    This is for the 2.2 crawlers. Must be 4wd. Allowed to have 2 or more "serious crawling" mods.
    Must use 2.2" sized rims/tires. Tread is allowed to be cut and modified, but not added to.
    No limit on wheelbase or track width, but must physically fit on the course.

----Extreme Class:
    This class is for the "super class" type crawlers. Must be 4wd.
    Allowed to have 2 or more "serious crawling" mods.

RACING CLASSES & RULES
    ----2WD Stampede
    Must use stock, Masher2000 or tire of similar height and be V-tread pattern. Imex Claw Dawgs not legal. Must use 27-turn ROAR legal motors, kit Stinger motor or Magnetic Mayhem. 6-cell battery only. 5-minute races

----2WD Modified Stampede
    V-tread pattern a must, Imex Claw Dawgs allowed along with tires for Stock Pede. 7-cell batteries or less, no motor limit, BL motors permitted. 5-minute races

----Conversion
    Class for 2.2 wheel trucks. 2WD or 4WD allowed. Trucks such as Wild Dagger, 4X4 Stampede, Losi, AE trucks, Rustlers, HPI MT's etc..... Trucks *must* use V-tread monster tires like Pede tires, Masher2000's, Imex Claw Dawgs etc....No motor limit, BL Allowed, 7-cell batteries or less. 5-minute races

----2WD Clod-o-Pede
    For Stampedes running Clod sized tires. No motor limit, BL motors allowed, 7-cells or less. 4-minute races.

----Stock Independent Suspension (Former Stock E-Maxx class)
    This class is for any of the larger type independent suspension trucks such as the E-Maxx, E-Revo, E-Savage etc... NO Wild Daggers or similar sized trucks.
    Can do any mods to the truck but *must* use the stock Titan motors and run 12-cells. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 5-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod trucks.

----Modified Independent Suspension (Former Modified E-Maxx class)
    This class is for any of the larger type independent suspension trucks such as the E-Maxx, E-Revo, E-Savage etc... NO Wild Daggers or similar sized trucks.
    Essentially no rules for this class. No limits on batteries, motors or anything else. BL motors allowed. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 4-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Novice
    Class for the kids and true beginners. Run what you have. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified
    Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. no motor limit, BL motors allowed, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified II
    Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. This class is being kept on in the event we get a large turnout and people have more clods than there are classes and essentially is an "over-flow" class. no motor limit, BL motors allowed, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Open
    Class for "Clod-sized" trucks and experimental trucks or trucks that do not fit other listed classes. Trucks like 4X4 Clod-o-Pedes, Clod-o-Daggers, mutant monsters etc..... No cell limits. BL motors allowed. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Shaft Drive
    Solid axle shaft driven trucks like TXT-1, Juggs or Twin Force. No motor limit, no cell limit, BL motors allowed. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Replica
    Solid axle and USA-1 trucks running *full* tube frame chassis. No motor limit, BL motors allowed, no cell limit. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Sport Modified
    Class for all solid axle trucks (and USA-1). Must use 17-turn motors or higher. Must use 6-cell battery. Must use either stock Clod, TXT-1, Jugg, Twin Force or USA-1 tires. Any chassis allowed with any mods to it. 4-minute races.

----Mini Monster Truck
    Stock or Mod set-ups (including motors) allowed. We'll run this class this way until we see if there's enough to make a stock and mod class. Basically, run what you have if it is a TLT-1, Losi Mini LST or any of the other mini monster trucks. 4-minute races.

Overnight accommodations:
    --Super 8
    Located near Greensburg, PA. on RT 30
    Phone # (724) 838-8080

--Super 8
    Rt. 22 Delmont
    Phone # (724) 468-4888

--Holiday Inn Express
    RT. 30 Greensburg
    Phone # (724) 838-7070

--Holiday Inn
    RT. 22 Delmont
    Phone # (724) 468-1050

--Comfort Inn
    Rt. 22 Blairsville
    Phone # (724) 459-7100
    or 1-800-770-0000

Remember, we allow camping at the track at no extra charge so if you have camping gear (tent, camper, RV, etc....bring it and stay for free!)

As is always the case with our events, all portions are subject to change. In the event of a change to anything regarding the event, it will be posted here in this post and with a reply to the topic itself. So please check back often for updates and/or announcements.

Re: MJ9 Announcement!

Here's some more info on the Trials portion of the event......

R.C. Alley Raceway
    Trials Competition Rules:
    Entry Information:
    The entry fee for the trials event is $5 per truck, per class. If you want to run 3 trucks all in the same class, the fee would be $15.
    You may enter as many trucks as you wish.
    Competition description:

Extreme class has slightly different lines and/or obstacles than all other classes.
    You start the course with 100 points. You get points deducted from this for each infraction or error incurred during your run.

The deductions break down as follows:
    Missing an obstacle, falling off an obstacle or touching your truck for any reason is a 5 point deduction.
    Reversing is a 2 point deduction, assessed more than once only after forward motion (you can back up, stop, then back up again and it's only a single 2 point deduction. If you back up, stop, go forward a little, then back up again, that would be TWO 2 point deductions).

Knocking off the golf ball is a 3 point deduction.
    Cones/course markers/pegs are worth 1 point per item. Keep in mind that most you want to miss, but some you are supposed to knock over.
    There may be "bonus" lines or obstacles that can add points to your score.
    After everyone has run, the person with the most points wins.
    The runs are timed as well.
    In the event of a point tie for first, the faster time will win.
    The course will be explained and all bonus lines and penalties will be explained during a driver's meeting held just prior to the event.

Breakdown policy:
    If your rig breaks on the course, you automatically incur a 5 point penalty.
    If you can fix without tools in under 2 minutes, you may do so and continue your run. The clock will not stop.
    If you need tools and/or more time to fix your rig, the clock is stopped, your progress is marked and once your rig is fixed, you will be allowed to continue your run from the position and time you broke. You will have to wait for the judge to call you to continue your run.
    If you can't fix at all and are totally broken and done, you will receive a 5 point penalty for every remaining obstacle that you were unable to complete.

The decision of the judges is final.

Comment

Awesome...need to check my schedule and pen it in...
      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Hey, I heard that crawlin coles had some cool man-made obstacles that were light and easy to move. If so, do you think he might want to bring them for the trials course? That could be cool...

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
          Awesome...need to check my schedule and pen it in...

States???????

Just

Comment

yeah major conflict with states!!

Comment

Digger...that is the same weekend as our States comp...

We need to talk...
              sigpic

Comment

Well, it looks like you guys have postponed the states. For this I am grateful and I really do appreciate you guys coming to run. This is the 9th running of the August event and every single one of them from the beginning has been the first full weekend of August. We have several people coming from a few states away that have put in their work requests months ago, otherwise I would have tried to change the dates for this event. I have done a few things this time around in an attempt to streamline trials even more so everyone will have more time to play, I've added a novice class and I've been building some new stuff to drive over. This past winter event went smoothly and I picked up on a couple things that should help make this event even better. Of course I'm also all ears if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Last event we raffled off a Wheely King on Saturday and an Axial Scorpion on Sunday. This event I'm trying to get a Slash for Saturday and a Losi Crawler for Sunday. Sound good? Anyone have any suggestions for any other truck they would like to see given away?

Comment

Sounds awesome Neil...

W.Pa.C. will always support one of our own.

We are a lucky club...we have to supporting LHS and now we will have three indoor places to cover any interest we have now or in the future.

Thanks for your commitment.

John
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll definitely be there, and I'll be talkin to ya about sponsership

The tables aren't that portable, but I have some smaller obstacles I could prolly bring. Talk to ya soon buddy.

Comment

Entrance fee $$ for Trials course on Sunday??

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
                        It's in the second post, basically $5/truck just like before...

Comment

Originally posted by Digger
                          Originally posted by DRCMAN
                          It's in the second post, basically $5/truck just like before...
                          Thanks

I've gotten to used to skimming for info

Comment

Working...
                          X