X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of John

Well got my MRI report back...

In bold letters

MULTILEVEL DISC BULGES AND A SIGNIFICANTLY LARGE DISC HERNIATION AT L4 & L5...

That just doesn't sound good, no matter who delivers it to me...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: Status of DAD

yeah that is bad news. sounds like you may be headed towards the knife!

i hope it doesn't come to that!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. You gotta quit trying to lift all those rocks into your rock garden. Have you been assigned to physical therapy yet? There's alot of new studies out that show that physical therapy does as much benefit as surgery in some cases.

Comment

Yuck man hope all gets better soon

Comment

I am all vicodin'd up right now. Need to get with my doctor for my options. Don't want to go under the knife but cannot take this constant pain.

I will keep everyone updated.
          sigpic

Comment

my buddy at work just went through this whole escapade. he tried the chiro, he tried the therapy, and unfortunitly he ended up having to go through the surgery. he is doing much better! that was about 2 months ago, dr. cleared him to start golfing already.

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to needing surgery. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

WELCOME TO BEING AN OLDER AMERICAN John . Seriously tho, I've been there and done that, luckly I was able to get fixed up with PT and exercise, never had to do surgery. My main problem now is with what they call degenerative disc in C6 7 and 8 I think. To put it plainly, degenerative arthritus in my neck, pinches the nerves in my left arm, sometimes I need help getting my shirt or jacket on.

My advice, cut back as far as you can on the meds, just enough that you can function normally, see your doctor and ask to see a PT, make a "leaning stool" for in the shop, like a heavily padded bar stool with a back and adjustable legs. Standing hunched over working on the RC's aint helping your back at all.

Comment

The key right now is to get the inflamation down to get the pressure of my Sciatica.

The Vics and Muscle Relaxers give me a break but at the cost of being useless...

I am going to try the PT and Chiro to go a more Conservative Treatment.
                  sigpic

Comment

Just to keep everyone updated:

I am at the frustrated and miserable stage...yes surprising huh...Dad, in a bad mood???

The pain is really getting to me. I have to back of the Vics due to effects it has on my liver in conjuction with other meds I am on.

Tuesday they are going to review my reports and decide on a plan of action...looks like it may be a Nerve Block Injection and Physical Therapy.

I remember the day when I could sneeze and not fall to the floor...Never thought those would be special memories...
                    sigpic

Comment

Physical Therapy is a good idea. How did the chiro work out? I am big on natural healing. Pain pills just treat the symtoms and don't help the problem. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Wish you the best & hope it all works out for ya.

You gonna be good for the comp on the 17th?

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
                        You gonna be good for the comp on the 17th?
                        At this point I am planning on it...
                        sigpic

Comment

John, sorry to hear about your pain...I don't check on here as often as I used to.

I suffered with that for a long time. I did spinal decompression therapy...all non-surgical. It is covered under medical since it's physical therapy.

Basically, you are strapped into a harness and then lay on a table. The machine pulls on your lower half and holds, then releases, repeating for several cycles.

It did help me a lot.

I still have pain, but mostly because I don't stretch like I should and I still have degenerative arthritis in my lower vert.

Believe it or not, my off-road riding is the best thing for me! It literally twists and moves my back in ways that you can't imagine. Basically, it realigns me.

Comment

Thanks...I am really leaning toward the Conservative Therapy...

That sounds like it would feel so good, the way I feel now...I was thinking an inversion table...

Put my extra weight to work for me...

Only problem is a would have to wear a bra to hold my man-boobs...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                              Only problem is a would have to wear a bra to hold my man-boobs...

hehe.

don't worry, i'd be in the same boat....

Comment

Working...
                              X