Roof crawling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof crawling

After a long day of working up on a roof, I think I got too much sun because I got the idea to run the scaler up there. I don't know if I'm brave or stupid, but if was fun.

Enjoy.

Notice the rear wheel starting to come off the ground. She almost rolled.

Riding off into the sunset

Re: Roof crawling

your

lol that roll could have been tragic!!!

Comment

I got sick looking at the pic's. Height's are not my strong point. Spiders okay. Height's NOT!!

Crazy fool!

Comment

Damn man you need a hobby..... Oh wait a minute....

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life
          I got sick looking at the pic's. Height's are not my strong point. Spiders okay. Height's NOT!!

Crazy fool!
          We replaced some of the shingles around the chimney. I had to sit near the edge of the roof and reach around to the front of the chimney to work.

I'll try to remember to bring my camera to work next week, I'll be working on a box gutter. I won't be working off a ladder, I'll be climbing out a window into the gutter. The roof is too steep to walk on, so the only place to walk, and to work, is in the 10 inch wide gutter. It should be a good time.

Comment

Steve,
            You need to get out of the heat and back under the trees in Frick.

Actually, I love crawling around on roof's and generally anything that's up there. So I'm looking at your pics and thinking "dang, I'd like to go to work with Steve for a day".

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Stburr91
              ....................I'll try to remember to bring my camera to work next week, I'll be working on a box gutter. I won't be working off a ladder, I'll be climbing out a window into the gutter. The roof is too steep to walk on, so the only place to walk, and to work, is in the 10 inch wide gutter. It should be a good time.

I was nice knowing ya

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
                Steve,

So I'm looking at your pics and thinking "dang, I'd like to go to work with Steve for a day".

Jake
                You sure?

This is my office.

My work space.

Here's a really crappy pic, but you can see how you need to walk up there.

And here's a crappy video to go with the crappy pic.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60I3IxuNKjU

Originally posted by DRCMAN
                Originally posted by Stburr91
                ....................I'll try to remember to bring my camera to work next week, I'll be working on a box gutter. I won't be working off a ladder, I'll be climbing out a window into the gutter. The roof is too steep to walk on, so the only place to walk, and to work, is in the 10 inch wide gutter. It should be a good time.

I was nice knowing ya
                I'm still alive, but the job is far from done, so I could still plunge to my death.

Comment

Yep, I'd love that. My dad ran a tank erection crew when I was a kid, so I used to climb all over those things with him. The immediate risk of death is always a good motivator at work.

Comment

falling off a roof onse was enough to get me unfriendly of hights.. ehhh.. no good

add in my size.. that gutter wouldnt help me one bit with gitters, lol

piks and vids are fine, just to do it personally.. ehh no thanx

on another note.. roof crawlin is fine.. but set up a few ramps, get some kowbell, and do some roof hopping (roof to roof jumping) hehehehehe

and don't blame me when/if u fudge a landing and bounsey off goes the twuk....

Comment

First off...the heights and falling isn't the issue...it's that quick stop at the end that bothers me...

Do you do any work Tile Roofs???
                      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                        First off...the heights and falling isn't the issue...it's that quick stop at the end that bothers me...

Do you do any work Tile Roofs???
                        No, I don't do tile roofs. Very few people around here do tile roofs anymore, so I don't think I know anyone that I could recommend to you.

I do mostly interior renovation and restoration. I only occaionationly do roof work.

Comment

Ok I just looked at the vid

If my boss even thought of something like that (Not that there's a Server out there) my response would be See YA!

Comment

Working...
                          X