should I???? now with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I???? now with pics

I have a chance to buy a '55 Jeep Cj-5 for $1000. It has new brakes from master to pads (hoses and drums). It has a huricanne (f-head) 4 cly. t-98(t-18) 4 speed transmission. Dana 18 t-case with pto port. Dana 25 up front and a dana 44 out back. The back floor is bad but the rest it solid.

should i??

Re: should I????

I guess the question as a "dad", do you have the excess $$$ and do you really need it? Sounds like it would be a money pit for ya...

Now if you had disposable income...I say go for it...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

i dont have the money for it now. but it will be sitting at my shop teachers house for a while. its great on gas (ie. 4 cly). its runs and drives great its just not inspectable at the moment.

my dad told me that it would be a great project jeep for me and him to work on together.

Comment

Then you come out wheelin' with the BLWA crew and smash it up? Or is it gonna be one of them pretty Jeeps?

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
          Or is it gonna be one of them pretty Jeeps?

BULL SHIT its going to look nicer but its still will get beat. i'll try upper (maybe). i wanna run maybe 33's or 35's not sure. dad wants to look at it and see if its worth it. like i said the body is rough. but nothing some rattle can paint and trail strips cant fix.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
            Then you come out wheelin' with the BLWA crew and smash it up?
            im not cutting it up like you did. i want to be able to drive this to the trails not trailer it. but maybe when dad gets a tow rig and a trailer and the cherokow is down it might get trailered.

Comment

I'll sell you my Postal Jeep for $150. Rear D44 and all. Runs rough.

Comment

nah i want something i can run some nice wide tires under and not worry about hitting the doors

Comment

what kind of postal jeep like yea and make and how much work would it need to put back on the road and be "kinda" legal to drive

Comment

Its a 75. I got pics in the BLWA for sale section.

Comment

I got alittle more discripion on this jeep today at skool. It has a hole on the passenger side fender. Cj-5's NEVER come with this hole but the m38a1 DID! ITS A FREAKIN M38A1!

Comment

ok well I would like to see it in person 1st but I will let you know I have to wait till I get income tax back b4 I can buy any thing how hard do you think it would be to find a t-case and front axle somewhere like a junk yard but I will let you know unless someone else takes it 1st

Comment

steve that should have leaf up front. any cj or wrangler will work. i was looking at conversion kits for wider leaf packs for a cj.

Comment

Wider leafs? Just go coils. Yea, the 2.5" leafs are better. But they still bend. I went thru 6 sets of YJ leafs up front in my YJ. Then again you won't beat it as hard as I did

Comment

Originally posted by hazzzy
                              ok well I would like to see it in person 1st but I will let you know I have to wait till I get income tax back b4 I can buy any thing how hard do you think it would be to find a t-case and front axle somewhere like a junk yard but I will let you know unless someone else takes it 1st
                              Front axle would be simple, get a narrow track from a CJ. Should go right in. And the motor is your normal AMC straight 6. Should be able to find a trans easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X