new fenders on my truck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fenders on my truck....

ok, i have to change the front fenders on my truck here soon, as in next saturday, for rust reasons and dent reasons. my question is this...

on an older truck, is it a realistically possible to for the average guy working in his driveway to change both fenders and the hood in one day?

cause if it is, i will be at next sunday's comp, if not, then i won't be there...

Re: new fenders on my truck....

Can be done I swapped out two front spindles and inner cv boots in an 1990 S10 Blazer in a day , and made it to an away soccer game the next day. It was'nt fun but depends on how committed you are Git-R-Done

Comment

it can be done, we swaped the front and rear axles in my dads cherokee in like 10-12 hours. thats even setting the gears up right.

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
        ok, i have to change the front fenders on my truck here soon, as in next saturday, for rust reasons and dent reasons. my question is this...

on an older truck, is it a realistically possible to for the average guy working in his driveway to change both fenders and the hood in one day?

cause if it is, i will be at next sunday's comp, if not, then i won't be there...
        Yes it is possible, MAKE sure that you save all the body spacers... dont tighten everything down right off the bat so you can adjust it as needed, also make notes as to how many spacers came from where....
        Good Luck!

Comment

well, the hood is going to get replaced tommorrow. yesterday morning i was going down the road and it popped up and open on me in the middle of driving down the road (ala Tommy Boy...)

luckily, i found a used hood with 000 damage rating from the junkyand. and all that is is a matter of 2 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
            Can be done I swapped out two front spindles and inner cv boots in an 1990 S10 Blazer in a day , and made it to an away soccer game the next day. It was'nt fun but depends on how committed you are Git-R-Done
            And he also made it to the Grocery Store...
            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
              Originally posted by DRCMAN
              And he also made it to the Grocery Store...
              don't forget ice cream after the game!!!

Comment

wheres the pics of the progress???

Comment

Working...
                X