home and job needed near Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home and job needed near Pittsburgh

Ok, as a few of ya know I will be moving to the Burgh metro area in a few months. The wife will be goin to school in Monessen, PA for special effects stuff.

Now, what I'm respectfully asking for a lil help on, is if anyone has any lines/leads on a descent job in the area, and a place to live.

Living area we are lookin for is at least a 2bed 1bth, would prefer a descent 3-4bed house with some yard (either fenced or able to be). Doesn't have to be perfect, just livable with AC, and ability for cable and highspeed internet. Price-range is under $600 mo. No more than 25-35 mile drive from Monessen if possible.
    If interior cosmetic work is needed, thats fine, as I used to do interior remodeling.

Job, basically anything descent that will pay the bills. I have abilities in heavy equipment operation, computer repair (tech), manufacturing, and so-on. Quick learner of job aspects.

I am doin research on my own for this, but if anyone has any info on this, greatly appreciated.

Trevor

Re: home and job needed near Pittsburgh

special effects school in monessoon??? is she going to the george romero school???

as far as a house, there is an old half of a duplex for sale across the alley from me. i am sure that to buy it monthly payments will be well under $500 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
      special effects school in monessoon??? is she going to the george romero school???
      Tom Savini's program at Douglas Education Center

Half duplex.. hmm.. any possible address so I can look it up pls ty

Comment

Are you looking to buy or rent????
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Hey there Trevor, When I first moved down to the Burgh I took an office job that I got through a temp agency.. If you can type and are pretty good with details and such that might be a way to go... Temp to perm type postion....

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
            Are you looking to buy or rent????

rent, rent with option, rent to own, land contract.. any of that

lookin into FHA but not real promising.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowtech
              Ok, as a few of ya know I will be moving to the Burgh metro area in a few months. The wife will be goin to school in Monessen, PA for special effects stuff.

Now, what I'm respectfully asking for a lil help on, is if anyone has any lines/leads on a descent job in the area, and a place to live.

Living area we are lookin for is at least a 2bed 1bth, would prefer a descent 3-4bed house with some yard (either fenced or able to be). Doesn't have to be perfect, just livable with AC, and ability for cable and highspeed internet. Price-range is under $600 mo. No more than 25-35 mile drive from Monessen if possible.
              If interior cosmetic work is needed, thats fine, as I used to do interior remodeling.

Job, basically anything descent that will pay the bills. I have abilities in heavy equipment operation, computer repair (tech), manufacturing, and so-on. Quick learner of job aspects.

I am doin research on my own for this, but if anyone has any info on this, greatly appreciated.

Trevor
              You should look into a position at Pitt. Keep in mind it's like a small city in and of itself. I'm a Systems Analyst for the University Library System and just that part of Pitt has 10k employees. If you find something you are interested in, put the job number in the "Job Description". You can apply for as many positions as you wish. Also look for Pit main Campus or Greensburg depending which part of Pgh. you want to be on. Here's the link to the job search site.

Search Job Opportunities

Good luck

Comment

Thank You very much DRC

Comment

Well the November move fell through due to finances, BUT we are now planning on a February move using our tax refund (we usually get it sometime in Feb.)

Been looking and I believe that McKees Port (or near there) is going to be our most likely area to explore in depth. And as of Thanksgiving week my nephew will be living with us as well, 17 yrs old and just has to get out of his dad's house, way too much stress there (I know first hand, my brother is an idiot, and his new girlfriend/fiance`/THING is even worse). So James (nephew) asked me if he kould live with me, and I told him it was fine

Comment

good for you!

hope you guys can find a place and make the transition smoothly!

Comment

thanx CJ, and yeh so do we, I know Feb isn't a great time to do it for weather, but truck/trailer rentals are cheaper. And the added extra umph for moving the stuff with my nephew here will help too lol.

Just hope there's a good school with a good football team kause he's an A/B student who loves football and wants to try for a ball scholarship for college.

Comment

you might want to look in jefferson boro or west jefferson then. TJ is apretty good district and they always seem to have a pretty good team.

Comment

GO TJ

I went to TJ and my wife went to CV. needless to say TJ kicks Arse!

Great team and good School district. Also by the way they changed the name to Jefferson Hills instead of Jefferson Boro

Comment

Working...
                          X