Lazy Sunday @ Frick Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Sunday @ Frick Park

I had to go into work for a couple of hours today, and because where I was working was less than 2 minutes from Frick, I took my scaler out for a little run. I hit some spots I haven't run on before, and the spots were pretty decent. I had fun as usual (It's hard not to have fun at Frick).

Here's a few pics, and a little vid.

I got stuck in the middle, and almost fell on my a$$ walking on the slippery rock to get my rig.

I saw a B17 fly over, so I took a pic. Man those things are cool.

Here's a few minutes of some in truck cam video. It's nothing exciting, well not for the viewers, but when you put a $160 camera on top of your now top heavy scaler, and then go into the water, well it was pretty exciting for me. I almost rolled it over at the 2:20 mark in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQZMhfwXzkQ

I hope we can get everyone back down there before too long, last time was a blast. I want to make a video of us running next time we're down there.

Re: Lazy Sunday @ Frick Park

Steve,

Looks like fun. I may be up for a run this Sunday if you're around.

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
      Steve,

Looks like fun. I may be up for a run this Sunday if you're around.

Jake
      I think I will be around, so post here it you can make it Sunday.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I'm up for a run tomorrow morning if you are. Just post up and let me know and Ill get a new balloon on my receiver and some batteries charged.

Jake

Comment

Why don't you guys come to the comp???
          sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Jake,

If it's not raining Sunday at 10:00 am, I'll be at Frick.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
              Why don't you guys come to the comp???
              Both comps are about 1.5 hours from me. I don't have much time to spend on this hobby, so I'd much rather run at local places, and spend what time I have running my rig, instead of driving to the location. If you guys had comps much closer to Pittsburgh, I might be more interested.

I'm much more into just doing trail and follow the leader runs. I've really enjoyed the few times I meet up with some of the guys here and did the scaler runs.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I do this hobby for fun, and investing 2-3 hours into a commute would take the fun out of the hobby for me.

Comment

Working...
              X