Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who now has 8 ton of rock behind their house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess who now has 8 ton of rock behind their house!

That's right, 8 ton of the same stuff that's at Yorkville dam. 8 ton of that stuff really doesn't go that far, but I figure it's a good start. I'm hoping to get alot of smaller stuff & flat rock to make a more natural looking course without all of the voids & crevaces of Yorkville.

I had this dumped right at the beginning of a nice little scaler trail that involves streams, rocks, dirt hill climbs, etc. I might even build a bridge or two once I get it moving forward a bit.

Might have to have a fall WPAC cookout & crawl event at my house if anybody is willing to drive down here (about an hour to hour & ten from ABCharles or Speedway).

Re: Guess who now has 8 ton of rock behind their house!

I am game...

Nice...

I am waiting on the green light for a triaxle load to my place. Meeting with him in the morning...

Wonder if my wife will still look at it as a rock garden...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Triaxle!!!

what is that, close to 20 ton to make it worth hauling it in a triaxle?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
        Triaxle!!!

what is that, close to 20 ton to make it worth hauling it in a triaxle?!!!
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I'm just waiting on having some time to work on the R/Cs again and my course will be up.

Comment

we need pics!!

where did you get it from??

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
              we need pics!!

where did you get it from??
              I have a buddy that does excavating, so I had him haul it from the local rock place. $25 per ton + delivery. 8 ton doesn't make for all that much rock, though. I haven't had the time or help to spread these out, so they're still in a pile at the top of the play area. I'm going to need a couple ton of smaller & flat rock to fill the gaps in between these.

I'd like to make a course that has a slightly more natural feel to it instead of all of the voids & crevices of Yorkville.

Comment

WOW Carey when did this happen, who brought it KD? let me know when your spreading it around I will help, busy this weekend tho boys are playing in the Beast of the East baseball tournament.

Comment

Yep. KD brought it. Greg & I went in on it together.

We probably won't have too much time for it till this coming week or maybe even the next.

Comment

Working...
                  X