Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the savage be used like the Maxx to build a Super?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the savage be used like the Maxx to build a Super?

I currently have access to Savage parts, but due to Maxx's being such crap, we've all done away with any that could have been used. Any idea if the Savage is as convertable to a solid axle as the Maxx? Or do I have to find somebody thowing out an old school Maxx.

Re: Can the savage be used like the Maxx to build a Super?

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
    I currently have access to Savage parts, but due to Maxx's being such crap, we've all done away with any that could have been used. Any idea if the Savage is as convertable to a solid axle as the Maxx? Or do I have to find somebody thowing out an old school Maxx.
    I was thinking the same thing...the key is to lock the Independent Suspension. Most Maxx Crawler run a bar across the uppers to create a straight axle.

Cole's Super is a Maxx Crawler.

Check out the For Sale section for Savage parts...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I read all about how that maxx was done 3 years ago....the first time I was got into RC crawlers. I was intrigued by the possibilities, but ended up owned by life, and dropped out of the crawler scene until this year.

I don't have enough Savage experience to know how they're built, but I know they're stronger than the Maxx.

Comment

It could be done...They have strong Diffs. You just have to rig something to lock the IPS and a mount for a chassis.

Worth a try...
        sigpic

Comment

Just curious, what is the width of the savage?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
            Just curious, what is the width of the savage?
            With the arms straight out and CVD's...it is 14" end to end...
            sigpic

Comment

The Savage could make a decent crawler. Just lock the arms out like I did on my maxx super. Width might be an issue, but you'll have tons of diff clearance.

The Savage is stronger, but the Maxx diffs are prolly stronger(I've replaced alot more savage diff gears than Maxx, & there's alot more Maxxes out there, JMO!) And Traxxas has a spool for the Maxx which is bulletproof, especially at crawin speeds!!!!!!

But I have an E-Savage roller minus tranny on the self in my basement just collecting dust. I was going to convert it, but it got put on the back burner

Comment

Working...
              X