Da Wicked Bull - Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Wicked Bull - Build

I decided to go with mostly parts someone getting started or moving to the DWB chassis may be using.

AX10 Axles
    Pede shafts
    STRC rear lockouts
    Metal yokes
    Proline Bead locks
    M2K's M3, Rock Claws, Moab's M2, PL Hammers M2
    Mem. Foams
    Big bore shocks w/Losi white springs
    Axial trans
    55t Lathe
    RR 12t pinion
    HS-5955TG
    HS-645MG servo (for dig)
    Rooster crawler Esc
    Airtronics mx3 radio

This chassis is strong and compact Made from 5051 Aluminum and is .125 thick. The skid and braces are made up from .375 +- derlin, the braces make a perfect spot for mounting elec's. Chassis came assembled and will be powder coated when it's released.

Setup was quick and easy the skid comes blank so you can locate and drill for the tranny of your choice. The horns are adjustable only limited by your imagination. The only modification I made was to drill out a few holes to 9/64" on the horns to allow even more mounting locations. this allows the larger hardware from the braces to pass through the horns.

After four packs through (8hrs of run time. These are the results:

COG ~ A+
    Side Hilling ~ A+
    Vertical ability (Up/Down) ~ A+

Torque twist - non existent
    Chassis Twist (What chassis twist?!?!?!?!?)

On to the pics :

Chassis Shots:

Balance ?????? Hell Yea!!!!!! (Even with the monster pack )

Flex :

Next post------------- Driving pics (! No Posers !)

Re: Da Wicked Bull - Build

The rock Pile:

The Rig

Comment

Ok time for updates:

I extended the rear link setup .50" and shortened the front .50" to stay with in spec 12.25" WB.
      I also dropped in the Rooster Crawler ESC, swapped out the front springs for Losi white springs and picked up a JConcepts Gate crasher Body.

This Chassis does perform Great. Fantastic LOW C.O.G. The only other change I made was moving the shock mounting point forward one hole on the horns (To maintain ride height with the softer springs).

Pics from today.

Also I ran three packs through with the Rock claws with the combination of the claws and this chassis it was a walk in the park

Comment

Did some running, here are some pics and video...........

Pics

Vids

Video 1
        Video 2
        Video 3
        Video 4

Comment

August 17Th was the official hard core test at a comp. The chassis performed just as I was expecting................. Freakin' Awesome First place with the virgin run at a comp

The courses were brutal as always and this setup walked through the first 6 of 10 gates on course #1. Gate 7 was a major drop into a hole, the rig went in righted itself and continued to climb out . Gates 9-10 there was another drop off. To avoid a reverse penalty I backed down and through the last two.

This chassis is unbelievable !!! To summarize the performance up/down/ off camber This chassis is extremely predictable I can't think of any needed changes in the setup that are needed Great job JJ this chassis is killer.

This tells the story of the day

Comment

Great Write Up Del...

I have to say, it is predictable.

How did you get that thing???
            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Oh I know this guy, who knows a guy who...........

Comment

beginners luck....

NIce job dell!!

Comment

Looking good Del

Glad to see I am not the only one jumping from the TLT to the Axial ship

Comment

Yea, I liked the strength of the tlt axles but hated the wideners.Now that you can bullet proof the AX10's it was an easy decision

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
                      Yea, I liked the strength of the tlt axles but hated the wideners.Now that you can bullet proof the AX10's it was an easy decision

Haha, I am going to Axials due to the fact I am tired of breaking my TLTs. Housings, R&Ps, shafts...all toasted .

I needed something new that can handle the power and if I do break parts are readily available.

I just hope the Axial hardened R&P can live up to the puller and 3S combo better than the TLT R&Ps did. After 1 season both front and rear TLT R&Ps are shark toothed from wear and show signs of chipping even though I was very very generous with the grease on them .

Comment

Must be the assembler...Mine are not showing any signs of wear...

You are weak...succoming to the peer pressure. I remember when I first pulled you out of TN...You were a Shafty Super Guy only and never changing...now look at you...

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                          Must be the assembler...Mine are not showing any signs of wear...

You are weak...succoming to the peer pressure. I remember when I first pulled you out of TN...You were a Shafty Super Guy only and never changing...now look at you...

Umm what motor do you have again in your TLT Dad that cute lil HH Revolver not a 7T puller

Yeah yeah, I was a Shafty super only kinda guy...then it all sprialed down hill from there .

But to get back on track here:

DRC did you have to do any shimming to the diff, like the TLTs, to get it to mesh correctly?

Comment

No shimming. They mesh very well. I'm at the point that I may be selling off my TLT comp axles (RCP diff lockers w/Stainless pinions and SS axle C's )

Comment

I will be retiring my TLTs from comp duty for sure.

Glad to hear there is no shimming needed. The one axle I have built, feels great without any shims, but I just wanted to check.

Comment

Working...
                              X