spring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring help

i wanted to kno what springs i need to get to put inside my shocks. i dont wanna go drop on it. but i wanna leave the shock at full strach. what size and stuff will i need. thanks razor

Re: spring help

How much compression do you want to take out of your shocks?

Once you figure that out, then open up your shocks and measure for the diameter and length. ACE hardware has a ton of springs and Mini T springs work great too! Pick the rate you want and go from there.

Comment

i dont kno i want a good spring for crawling.

Comment

go to an ace hardware or stanford and look at the bulk springs. they will have several choices that will fit inside your shocks.

Comment

ill have to go somewhere and find some. im not sure what the spring rates are. what are some of the better ones for rock crawling?

Comment

Originally posted by razor rc
            ill have to go somewhere and find some. im not sure what the spring rates are. what are some of the better ones for rock crawling?
            that don't know, just have to buy em and run em. there should only be 2 or 3 different ones to choose from, only at most $1 a piece if i remember.

Comment

ok thanks. ill be going to ace tomarrow.

Comment

surprisingly, clicky pen springs work fairly nice for that application! go some where that hands out the disposable ones, snag 4 of them and use them, and there ya go, free springs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
                  surprisingly, clicky pen springs work fairly nice for that application! go some where that hands out the disposable ones, snag 4 of them and use them, and there ya go, free springs!!!
                  yeah but they are either too long or too short. i am not a fan of using those.

Comment

Those can work depending on the shock. You may need to cut them down if needed.

Razor, just go to Ace and play around with the springs and see what you like. Also, they sometimes have the rates posted in the bins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler

Those can work depending on the shock. You may need to cut them down if needed.

Razor, just go to Ace and play around with the springs and see what you like. Also, they sometimes have the rates posted in the bins.
                      steel_city i want to put the springs inside and have the shock open not closed. (i dont wanna go droop)

ill have to do that tomarrow.

Comment

Good advice. I went to Busy beaver and grabbed a few different sets when building my crawler. The ones that didn't workout then are working in different applications. As i tune my rig I still swap them in and out

Comment

Ok ill have to go to ace.

Comment

Originally posted by razor rc
                            steel_city i want to put the springs inside and have the shock open not closed. (i dont wanna go droop)
                            awwwww come on now, you know you do....

Comment

nah i hate droop. i forget what springs i got but i got an ultra flexy suspension now.

Comment

Working...
                              X