Driveshaft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driveshaft question

I poped a driveshaft on my x-trail scaler today, and I hear that once it pops, it's much more likely to pop again.

What driveshafts could I use that will drop into the ax-10?

Thanks

Steve

Re: Driveshaft question

You can get the drive shaft supports meant for the AX-10 shafts, or you can get some of the new MIP drive shafts, or get some stock replacements, or make something else like pedes work

Comment

Get the 6 pack of the pede shafts. I think they were like $10 from AB Charles. WWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better shaft than the Axials, and even once they pop, which is damned hard to do, they can be put back on & run many many many times without further problem. They are far cheaper than the aluminums, and they don't require the rings like the Axial shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
        Get the 6 pack of the pede shafts. I think they were like $10 from AB Charles. WWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better shaft than the Axials, and even once they pop, which is damned hard to do, they can be put back on & run many many many times without further problem. They are far cheaper than the aluminums, and they don't require the rings like the Axial shafts.
        Do you mean these?
        http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJH85&P=7

They fit the Axial yokes without moding them correct?

Comment

That looks like the ones. I'm running a brushless motor & 3 cell LIPO & I have only popped a rear one time after installing those. It twisted almost 1/4 turn before popping...and this was only after I had it on such a bind that it flipped the truck backward in the process.

They're a little tighter than the Axial to pop on, but once on, they stay on very well.

No sense spending $40 - $80 on aluminums.

Comment

pede shafts or jato shafts w/the traxxas metal ends are the way to go

Comment

i am running maxx shafts, with the yokes with the "X" after the usual traxxas part number, i am not really sure what the "X" means, but they didn't need much mdding of them to fit.....

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
                i am running maxx shafts, with the yokes with the "X" after the usual traxxas part number, i am not really sure what the "X" means, but they didn't need much mdding of them to fit.....
                X on traxxas parts mean an upgraded and HD part. You will find a lot of them when the Tmaxx went to 2.5 or the Rustler went to VXL.

Stay with the "X" as much as you can....
                sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I went with the mip cvd. Heavy duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                    Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
                    X on traxxas parts mean an upgraded and HD part. You will find a lot of them when the Tmaxx went to 2.5 or the Rustler went to VXL.

Stay with the "X" as much as you can....
                    good to know! thanks for the info dad!

i figured it meant it was the max sized yokes for the VXL pede/rusty....

Comment

Working...
                    X