reworking my tuber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reworking my tuber

well after running mine and watching a lot of other berg rigs at the battlegrounds, i realize i need to do some tweaking to the berg tuber.

list of things that need done:

shorter shocks maybe even relocated on the chassis to limit some of the articulation i have. it is just a bit too much, it hurt me in a couple spots.

a little lower center of gravity, going to lower the ride height a bit as well while messing with the shocks. it was a little unstable in some off camber situations and i didn't ever need the ground clearance that i actually have.

tires need some more messing with, the foams i am running are still too soft. i need to stiffen them up, i have an irregular idea i am going to try,.....stay tunned it will be interressting.

aslo going to add some weight to the wheels to help with the steep high wheel speed climbs. not a big fan of the wheel weights but i am going to try it anyway.

and last i am going to be re mounting my rear upper links to make them a little more parallel to the lower links. right now they are mounted at the same point on the chassis as the lower links which is giving me way too much anti squat and causing the rig to act goofy under throttle and on the steep climbs.

lots to do before the next comp!

Re: reworking my tuber

Yeah you need to do something to that rig!

JK ...I need to do a few things to mine!

Comment

i have to to keep up with you!!

Comment

about time you put some weight in the wheels...
        i will be redoing my truck as well. it needs some stuff fixed and improved

Comment

Originally posted by 4stAir
          not sure about the whole wheel weight thing, but i will give it a try.

watching eepee climb that finals course got me thinking!

i tried that climb till i broke my truck, had no success.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound

It makes a big difference buddy. If you are afraid to put it in the wheels, why not make a mount similar to your dig mount and add the weight there? Or you could order up some lead sheet and form it around the axle tubes... Or with some lead rod in a 1/16 or less OD you could use a bit of CA and wrap it around your knuckles. Or you could get a respirator and a thick sheet of lead, and take the dremel to the lead sheet and cut out a weight plate, if you will, that would be sandwiched between the wheel and the knuckle.....

OR...you could attach some Tungsten stock to the axle tubes, above the CL of course, with some JB weld and set screws. Tungsten (W), has a higher density than Lead (Pb) and most race cars use W wieghts over Pb wieghts to balance out the cars..........

Comment

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound

another option is get the Mayhem Eng. comp wheels with the big BB's in them. (i forget what the wheel is called... ) if i ever have the inclination, or approval to spend $100 on a set of R/C wheels, i am almost 100% POSITIVE those are what i am going to get....

OR...

you can go down to NAPA and spend $1 a stick for some stick on weights...

Comment

if i buy any wheels they will be the vanquish rovolvers! they are PIMP!!

http://www.vanquishproducts.com/vp-rovo ... dlock.html

Comment

i won a set of mayhems at battlegrounds... i sold them already.
                    that whole bb thing is a scam. the center section of the wheel is way heavier than the 5 bb's you can put in there. the ball bearings dont weigh squat...
                    i really dont think they weigh enough to change how the truck acts due to the huge amount of weight the wheel itself carries.

Comment

i won a set of mayhems at battlegrounds... i sold them already.
                      that whole bb thing is a scam. the center section of the wheel is way heavier than the 5 bb's you can put in there. the ball bearings dont weigh squat...
                      i really dont think they weigh enough to change how the truck acts due to the huge amount of weight the wheel itself carries.

All you got to do there is replace the light steel Ball Bearings with Tungsten Ball Bearings....

Comment

ok step one in the bag, i picked up some rear lockouts from fubarcrawlers http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127098

Man these things are sweet and super easy to install and

nicely packaged:

two aluminum cylinder lockouts and 4 new screws

Before:

First: take off the old lockout that grabs the tires!

then remove the upper and lower screw that holds the knucle on:

pick of the knuckle off, i didn't even have to take the rim off!!

Lockout slides in the inner knuckle and almost looks like a straight axle tube!!

Shot looking into the lockout, pretty tight fit but she clears everything perfectly!

use the supplied black screws that came with the lockouts, notice they are slightly smaller so they do not git the lockout when threaded in, and re attach the outer knuckle.

And walla its installed!! I chose to spin my knuckle forward so the arm was to the front and up so it was more out of the way. I may still trim the extra off.

Comment

Looking good man I just got mine in too

Comment

cut that damn steering arm off already...

Comment

cut that damn steering arm off already...

i know i know, im too lazy! i don't think it will be in the way, but then agin it is un needed weight and i will be pissed when i rip my tire! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X