My WK WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My WK WIP

Well I traded my Mayhem ST Nitro Truggy for this WK Crawler. The Trug was cool, but I can have just as much fun with and find parts alot easier for my LST2.

This is whats up with it:
    Used 6 times
    RC4wd crawler suspension kit which extends the wheelbase to 12.5 inches
    Team Integy 55turn motor
    1500 mah stock hpi battery
    Hobbico 15 minute charger
    Diff Lockers
    Proline MOAB tires
    Stock body
    15turn limit speed control

Now I will be doing the chassis flip, which puts the battery in the front, so there is more weight over the front tires. Relocating the top shock mount points, so they are angled more instead of straight up and down. Making a Servo mount that mounts the servo on the front Axles. Getting Axial Narrowed Beadlock wheels. Rooster Crawler ESC. Getting a HiTec 645 MG Servo. That will make it about comp ready. I told him to keep the stock radio and rec, Ill use the JR XR2i that was with the Mayhem.

Re: My WK WIP

Perfect foundation to start on.

I have new Axials for sale in the classified section. Already weighted and airhole put in. They were for mockup and one indoor trials comp.

If you are interested PM me...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Ill seriously keep those in mind. Great price too. I just have to be really careful in my spending for awhile. Some unexpected things happened and money is very tight right now. Im out everyday looking for a 2nd part time job to fill in my free time.

But if you still have them when I have some funds, Ill hit you up. Thanks John.

Scott

Comment

Understand...
        sigpic

Comment

Well you can see the first post, thats how it looked what I got it.

Now I worked on it all day yesterday. These are the things I did.

Flipped the chassis
          Flipped the axle mount points
          Removed the rear plastic hub lok links and replaced with steel links
          Made a over the axle servo mount and replaced the flimsy links with steel links
          Moved the shock mounts
          Cut the chassis where it wasnt needed and in the way
          Added weight to the front wheels and star cut the foams

I need to make new upper and lower links, mainly in the front. The overall Wheelbase is 13.75"

Comment

I couldnt stand the stock HPI body, everyone and their brothers have them on their WK's. So I took my old JATO lid that I camo'd Rasberry, Dark Violet and Black Pearl. Just to look different. Thats why the passenger windshield, back window are cut out, along with other body post holes and the hole in the roof for the EZ Start. I love the new look and it only hits the tires very minimaly in a few places.

Comment

Looking good man..

Hey, get hold of Scottish on here. He is making the trek down to our first comp and he lives in Buffalo...

John
              sigpic

Comment

looks great keep it up! hope to see ya at the comps!!

Comment

Well, Its about ready for a comp or GTG now.

I just finished installing the brand new Associated ACE S2008 MG servo, what a difference it makes to have torque. Scored it on ebay for $17.05 shipped. I used one of my extra Hyper 7 receiver boxes and mounted it to the front upper link, just need to seal it up after I install the BEC and reciever pack. Now, Im just waiting on then new ESC, I just bought lastnite on RCC for $20 shippied. Its a Pro Boat PRB2314 waterproof ECS with drag brake. Rated 4.8-12v I plan to make a 8 cell saddlepack for the front axle and get a BEC and run my 6v 1800 reciever pack to power the servo.

The ESC:
                  http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... ID=PRB2314

I still have no idea how well it will perform on the rocks, as they are still buried in over a foot of white garbage, but she does great on the couch and walls.

Oh and just for fun and they were cheap, I got a set of NIP TLT tires and wheels, for some near future trail bashing escipades.

Comment

Working...
                  X