Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW PRODUCT: Team Losi Rock Crawler

[attachment=0:g7i8k1yx]LosiCrawlerTeaser.jpg[/attachment:g7i8k1yx]

Losi has announced that next Friday they will reveal their new Rock Crawler. Till then we'll have to play armchair engineer and speculate on what it will look like based on this teaser photo.
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: NEW PRODUCT: Team Losi Rock Crawler

It looks like it's cog is going to be a bit high. From the looks of the shadowing, it looks like the tranny/motor is located up pretty high. It'll probably need a chassis redesign to really be effective. I'm curious to see it, though. If nothing else, it'll bring another option for axles & transmissions to the hobby, and probably draw in more people.

Regardless, I'm glad to see the larger manufacturers stepping up. I wonder who's next?

Comment

I can tell you this...Rich Trujillo, Losi Rep, has been on RCC for three years. He knows what is needed. I am guessing that the picture is a rendition of the actual rig.

This is going to be interesting...
      sigpic

Comment

i just hope its not going to be another 9" 1/14 scale crawler like duratrax. makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
          i just hope its not going to be another 9" 1/14 scale crawler like duratrax. makes no sense.

I doubt it! Team Losi & Duracrap are by far no comparison!!!!!!!!!

It'll prolly be comp worthy and pricey, if it's anything like they're other stuff.

Comment

Probably will not be a crawler at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound

Yeah...ummm...Duracrap and Losi are not even in the same league buddy This will be much better than the pos duracrap released.

Originally posted by Racer4Life
              Probably will not be a crawler at all.

Care to enlighted us? Between you and dad making this forum someone needs to be talking

Comment

i bet it has the losi crawler shocks on it!!!

i am also interested in seeing what kind of beadlocks losi is gonna give us with this.

it also looks like maybe different tires, too.

and to be honest, if losi put as much design work into this as they did the 8ight and 8ight-T, i am sure it will be comp ready from the box.

now the other question is, is it a 2.2 rig or a super....

Comment

Keep your eyes on here.

I have a feeling that someone may have the inside line a little earlier than anyone else...

Make sure you are subscribed to this thread...this will be the only place I will post it...

Wait until you see it...

It will blow your minds...

A bigger rock garden is definitely in my future...
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm should I hold off on that slash????

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Re: NEW PRODUCT: Losi Mini Rock Crawler

Losi Mini Rock Crawler

The 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler is a new and unique edition for the 1/18 scale sector of the hobby industry. This RTR with everything included will be a new vehicle category creator similar to what the Mini-T did for the hobby by allowing 1/10 scale enthusiasts to come indoors and compete in smaller spaces. Losi has recognized the growing popularity of the R/C rock crawling hobby and is proud to bring to the rocks the 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler. Not only is the Losi Mini Crawler the very first 1/18 scale RTR crawler in the world, but it also has the first complete RTR with everything included - just open the box and hit the rocks.

Designed from the standards of the full scale rock crawling world as well as the custom build RC platforms that have had great success, the Mini Rock Crawler is the perfect way to allow hobbyists to get involved with the excitement of R/C rock crawling with a competition ready rig.

What makes the 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler an Everything Included RTR?

Losi Radio system featuring Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology
                        7.2V 1100mAh battery pack with wall charger
                        Losi Mini Rock Crawler Forward and Reverse Rock Crawling Specific ESC and high torque Mini Rock Crawler Motor
                        The transmitter batteries are even included, just hit the rocks!
                        Why is the Losi Mini Crawler a ground-up crawling machine?

Twin Vertical Plate (TVP) Chassis for superior chassis strength and lightweight design
                        Multi-link suspension allows for extreme grip and climbing of any obstacle
                        Three-gear center transmission with a spool an slipper absorb shock from the full time four wheel drivetrain in action
                        Heavy-duty metal ring and pinion gears, solid axles, and axle shafts with a full set of ball bearings
                        Extra long oil filled shocks in the front and rear
                        Mini Rock Claws Tires mounted on heavy-duty wheels with 12mm hexes and color match inserts
                        High torque steering servo specifically developed for the mini rock crawler
                        Specifications:

Scale: 1/18th
                        Length: 12 in
                        Width: 7 in
                        Wheelbase: 8.5 in
                        Weight: 2.04 lb
                        Tire Size: 3.70 in
                        Wheel Size: 1.9 in and 12mm hex

Expected Release Date - Mid-August

Pics to follow...
                        sigpic

Comment

is this straight from Losi?? there seems to be so much speculation as to weather or not it is a mini, super or 2.2, and also alot of misinformation....
                          I am not so sure about going to a mini sized crawler....
                          actually now that I think about it depending on how the axles look and all this might be a great thing for the scale crowd!
                          Carry on awaiting pics!!!
                          great scoop Dad!

Comment

Just what I was afraid of. Another little crawler. Why not hit the core of the market & try to compete with Axial and offer the competition scene with more options?

Comment

just scooped this up off of RCC...

The axles look promising! so do those 1.9 beadlocks....
                              this might be a great thing for the scale guys... might also look good on a trailer behind a scale rig.....
                              I am not going to get sucked down into the whole RTR is a bad thing discussion over on RCC, but this little truck does have some potential.. cant wait to see one in person.

Comment

Working...
                              X