The rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rebuild

This thread will start to get some pictures in it here in the next few days.

The TXT is the same truck I bought back in 2004 when I started crawling and RCC was advertised on flyers in the local HobbyTown .

This will be the trucks first full ground up rebuild in 4 years, and its first new chassis in 4 years.

The stock chassis is out, and being replaced by a custom, prototype Super Class X-22 tuber from Sinastir Crawlers. Mine is unique in that it is the FIRST X-22 super , it will have a stinger, and custom mounting points for the TXT trans. It also differs from any other X-22 super that will be ordered in the overal length, width, and height of the chassis. This was done to make it very similar to the set-up I have now, and to accomidate the drivetrain I run. A TXT trans, GD600, and 7T puller is a 6" long drivetrain front to back , not easy to fit.

The trans will be swapped out for a new unit, and I may even leave the case intact to try and preserve the strength as it will need it. Axles will remain, but will be gone through, and bearings installed, finally . Driveshafts will be replaced, as the front Revo shaft has been broken for the last 4 years. Never gave me grief after it split, so why bother with it.

Same proline beadlocks, and XLs for now, but I may put new rubber on possibly. It will still run Hitec 5955s for steering, and twin 5 cell, 6V packs to power them. I do have a Castle BEC coming incase I don't have room for the Rx Packs in the chassis.

Now for the numbers:

Wheelbase: 16.5-17"
    Shocks: Integy MGTs running a 70/30 droop set-up
    Links: 5/8 lower, 3/8 upper solid AL, may goto Delrin
    Motor: Cobalt 7T Puller with a 10T Puller coming just in case
    ESC: Mamba Max
    Servos: Hitec 5955s on seperate 5 cell 6V Rx packs
    Batt: 6 subCs for now, going up to 8 or 10 subCs in the 4200 flavor.

Total Power on Board: Currently is 17.2V, will be up to 22V possibly.

Pics to follow...

Re: The rebuild

I lil sneak peak of what is in store....

Comment

She is a roller now

Comment

Other than having the CC BEC hooked up it LIVES!!! Rx packs on the axles will let me run around as there is no room in the chassis for them.

In what little testing I did, all signs point to a very good year! Very stable on sidehills , and I still have yet to put in the new foams, plenty of wheel speed and torque. I may even back out some more on the reduction to gain just a pinch more speed or just add more cells . THere is ZERO torque twist going forward and just a slight bit in reverse. Very well balanced and smooth both in power and in handling.

Now on to the Crawler p0rn:

Comment

I don't think the stinger is going to help you much!

Looks good. I really can't wait to run my Super again. I was just starting to get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life
            I don't think the stinger is going to help you much!

Looks good. I really can't wait to run my Super again. I was just starting to get used to it.

You're probably right...but it looks cool

Comment

Now with Skins...

Comment

Now with 10T Puller, no GD600 and a 15T pinion until I can get some more in. My others are the wrong pitch for the TXT trans. Other big change is 3s Lipo power 11.1V

Comment

nice she got some spunk now!! that will really help you out!!

Comment

Originally posted by rockbound
                    nice she got some spunk now!! that will really help you out!!

Yep! Along with those shiny new moab XLs

Wanna Drag race buddy??

Comment

maybe after you get the smaller pinion in there lol she looks pretty fast!!

Comment

well i hate to say it but.......your only chance of beating me this year was just solved!! new axleshafts just installed in the clod! no more chance of dnf!! lol

Comment

well i hate to say it but.......your only chance of beating me this year was just solved!! new axleshafts just installed in the clod! no more chance of dnf!! lol
                          What happened to you at the States?

Comment

ha ha lol tom true true, no more water runs for me!!

Comment

ha ha lol tom true true, no more water runs for me!!
                              I bet you carry Electric Spray with ya now...
                              sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X