No announcement yet.

Super 2008 TXT Revamped (aka "BullDog")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 2008 TXT Revamped (aka "BullDog")

Well, I think, hope, that I have the bugs worked out. As most of you know from last year, I had some real issues with being able to finish a course without having a smoke show...

Here is what I have changed for 2008:

New for 2008:
    -10T Cobalt Puller
    -CC BEC set at 7.4V
    -Rebuilt Hitec 5955tg's
    -Prototype Servo heatsinks (Testing for Hitec)
    -LiPo 3S 11.1V 3000mah
    -Improved Steering Geometry
    -Integy Tires with Kreepy's front and rear
    -Half Inch Wideners in front only
    -Changed Throttle Curve for better control

What I have found is the motor is amazing...really need to learn the throttle curve. Servos are working great. No heat in bench tests...

Running the Integys with the red Kreepy's in front doubled over for full height and less sidewall.

Rears are Integys with Pink Kreepy's Single. This gives me more side and less height.

Running the wideners up front create that Bulldog look...hence the name. Allows for full steering with out hitting links but the narrow stance in the back for pulling through gates.

Why am I going LiPo...I have been dabbling with it with my other rigs and thought this would be a great test. Running the SubC's on the knuckles was, IMO, one of the reasons for the servo issues. So I put them back up on the upper links but could not get the volts. Giving it a try...

Added the BEC for more Volts...I am hoping this will work. I have it pumped up to 7.4v to run both servos...it will either work or I will have another smoke show. Bench testing has resulted in no issues...we will see...

The "BullDog" is ready!!!!

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: Super 2008 TXT Revamped (aka "BullDog&quot

nice dad looking good! i hope it works out for ya!

how does that bec work, how does it hook up? what exactly is it? i am clueless about them!
    whats the ben/disadvantages?

Comment

Castle Creations came out with this last year. It was developed and tested by JRH.

From CC website:
      The BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit) is a little device that eliminates the need for a receiver and servo battery pack. It draws higher voltage from the motor batteries and drops it to a voltage level that is suitable for your receiver and servos. This is required in applications which draw high power for multiple servos or use more than 3S motor packs, as most ESCs with linear BECs are not designed for these applications.

CC BEC is better because it is smaller, cheaper, and far more powerful.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cc_bec.html
      sigpic

Comment

Looking good Dad. I see you are following in my foot steps Need to borrow the Castle Link and bump up my voltage...

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
          Looking good Dad. I see you are following in my foot steps Need to borrow the Castle Link and bump up my voltage...
          I think I may start charging for my Castlelink and Hitec Servo Programmer services...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
            Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
            I think I may start charging for my Castlelink and Hitec Servo Programmer services...

Hey now...that's not cool You just get to have all the cool toys

Comment

Well, it can't happen two months before a comp.

Out running today and the rig tumbled an snapped a C on the axle...so here I am doing an axle swap...thank god I have an extra set.

Also, I am hearing a grinding gear in the tranny...not touching it now. I will deal with it after the comp...
              sigpic

Comment

hope it holds up for ya!

Comment

Well, it can't happen two months before a comp.

Out running today and the rig tumbled an snapped a C on the axle...so here I am doing an axle swap...thank god I have an extra set.

Also, I am hearing a grinding gear in the tranny...not touching it now. I will deal with it after the comp...

After breaking my first axle housing, without bigger holes put in, I am not gonna touch mine.

Also, I will have spare TXT tranny gears, and a tranny with me if you need

Comment

dad did ya get things figured out??

I would try shorter shocks,stiffer springs, and thicker oil. i think that may help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by rockbound
                      dad did ya get things figured out??

I would try shorter shocks,stiffer springs, and thicker oil. i think that may help you out.

I believe stiffer spring, and oil were done. He will give up on savage shocks before I give up on TXT axles

Comment

While setting up for my buddies Spaghetti Dinner Fund Raiser last night, I thought about it more. I want to keep the shocks...I need to go back to me original set up...and then go from there. If I keeped my OG CM in there, I think the setup would have worked. Adding that Puller, really did it in.

So here is the plan:

New oil all around 40w on three corners, 80w on torque corner.

Either black springs on torque corners or progressives...

Weight in the front...I have a thought. (lost a lot of front weight when going to LiPo)

Moab XL's with Kreepys doubled over.

Possible limit stop on torque corner.

We will see what happens.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ooohh I may have to go rob a bank so I can get some Kreepys for the big truck...but right now the stock foams are working good.

Tomorrow, take a look at my link placement as that has a LOT to do with the torque twist. I think we can move your links a little bit and gain some better handling. Add that in with everything else you are doing and you will be golden

EDIT: Do you plan on leaving the puller in or going back to the CM? I would honestly look at going back to your OG CM or look at the new CM Sport. The CM Sport at 1000Kv will be a bit faster than the OG CM at 850Kv. Put them on 11.1V and have fun

Comment

I'm working on some "other" mem foams...
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm working on some "other" mem foams...

Hmm...may have to see how those work out...

Comment

Working...
                              X