BLACKOUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACKOUT

Well after the gtg a @ ABC I couldn't leave w/o a CR-01! Having driven one at ECC I couldn't wait to have one.

First thing I did was black-it-out, chasis and wheels. Links maybe next.

Now I just gotta decide which body to run & what to do with the shocks..... To cantilever or not to cantilever

I still have to install the tranny and driveshafts then I can start beating on it!

Re: BLACKOUT

You read my mind...I was going to do the same thing...Delrin links and all...

Nice...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

looks great Matt!!

I have a different plan with mine. It is all stock for now, other than 1.9s and a Scout body.

I am planning on ditching the cantilevers, but they work well...sooo... we will see!

Comment

WOW looks great I luv the Blackout look.

Comment

looking good!!

Comment

i say ditch the cant's....

also, i was looking is there anyway to "shave" the belly a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER

Sure, there are quite a few ways to shave the belly. But the easiest would be to just raise the whole trans mount/skid plate up higher. That would mess with link angles but not too bad I don't think. You couldnt run the canti set-up if you did that. However, compared to a highlift there is no need to tummy tuck the cr-01 really. On 1.9s your axles hang up more than the belly pan. On 2.2s it might be different though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler

Sure, there are quite a few ways to shave the belly. But the easiest would be to just raise the whole trans mount/skid plate up higher. That would mess with link angles but not too bad I don't think. You couldnt run the canti set-up if you did that. However, compared to a highlift there is no need to tummy tuck the cr-01 really. On 1.9s your axles hang up more than the belly pan. On 2.2s it might be different though...
                cool, thanks for the info. i am definately digging these frame rails waaaaay more than higlift frame rails...

on question, though, what are the length of the frame on one of these?

Comment

cool, thanks for the info. i am definately digging these frame rails waaaaay more than higlift frame rails...

I can measure later on tonight for ya.

Comment

thanks! i am looking for something i can fit my subaru BRAT body on.....

Comment

[quote=STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER]
                      Originally posted by "STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER":3q59er7e

thanks! i am looking for something i can fit my subaru BRAT body on..... [/quote:3q59er7e]

Frame is about 12 inches long.

Comment

You know I couldn't run that Yota body so i painted up a classic Chevy pick-up. Was gonna paint it pennsyvania camo, but i went w/ 2-tone instead.
                        I want this thing to move so I'm swappin out the 55T for something lower. Not sure what yet.
                        ...maybe that 35T handwound I have laying around! But I think I may want more speed than that!!!!!!!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...baypics025.jpg
                        http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m...baypics027.jpg

Mandatory Flex Shots:

I got a lil happy cuttin the cantilever mounts & clipped the spring, oops!

Waiting on my new springs to come in. Gonna get it wired up in the meantime so I can beat on it.

Comment

nice, looking good.

Comment

Working...
                          X