RC4WD Out Croppers 1.9 Tire Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC4WD Out Croppers 1.9 Tire Test

I just got a set of the new RC4WD Out Croppers. Man are these nice tires. They are noticeably softer than my Rock Stompers. I think these things are going to do very well in the terrain I drive in. I can't wait to get them down to Frick.

Re: RC4WD Out Croppers

The only reason I didn't go with them is the way the tread is lined up...it looks like two halves of the same tire...I'm waiting for the creepers.

Can't wait to see how these go...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
        The only reason I didn't go with them is the way the tread is lined up...it looks like two halves of the same tire...I'm waiting for the creepers.

Can't wait to see how these go...
        I agree with you about them looking like two halfs.

I really like the look of the creppers. They are the most scale looking tire I've seen, but the tread pattern is so close together, that I don't know how it will perform. They would look really good on my Scout or Land Rover though.

Anyone hear an ETA on the Creepers?

PS. I will be testing the out croppers Saturday, but the Land Rover isn't ready, so I will be using the Ford for the testing. Lots of pics as usual.

Comment

I got to testing the Out Croppers today. I bought these tires of my Land Rover build, but the rover isn't ready, so I tested the tires with my beater truck.

I don't have the wheel the tires are going on yet, so I put them on a set of wheels I had laying around. The tires were not glued, and the air holes were not plugged for this test. I was using the stock foams, and no wheel weights.

Out Croppers specs.
          Outer Diameter: 4.09" (104mm)
          Width: 1.45" (37mm)
          Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm)

First off, these tires are softer than other RC4WD tires, so grip is improved in all conditions. The tires compressed quite a bit, but would probably compress less with the tire glued and the holes in the wheels plugged.

I ran the tires on dry and wet rock, loose shale, mud, and through the water. These tires worked well in all the terrain conditions. The tread pattern allowed the tires to bite nicely, I could hear the treads really biting.

These tires allowed me to go places and do things I could never do with my Rock Stompers (I still love my stompers). These tires are perfect for Frick.

Here's a short video of the tires in action. I will put up a better quality video soon.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWBfk_Hp6Po

On to the pics. None of the pics are posers.

The Out Croppers eat up the dry rock.

You can see the tires compress.

Those of you that have run on loose shale, know how hard it can be to crawl on. The out croppers did well on the shale.

Even wet and muddy, the tires still had good bite.

You guys may remember this spot. Nobody made it up this ledge without a tow the last time we were all down at Frick. Not a poser shot Here's the vid.
          http://www.vimeo.com/1498074

I'm sold on these tires. I think RC4WD is going to sell a lot of these tires.

Get yourself a set of these tires, you won't regret it.

Comment

That climb was pretty impressive! I just might have to invest in some of those

Comment

wow you smoked that!!

Comment

Nice post...I am going to post that as a review on RC4wd website...

Great write-up...

They are impressive...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                  Nice post...I am going to post that as a review on RC4wd website...

Great write-up...

They are impressive...
                  I was going to contact them and send links to the posts I made on here, RCC and Scale 4X4. Between the three places I posted the review, there's already close to 900 views, and a numbers of guys posting that they bought Out Croppers.

I'm hoping that they will send me a set of the Rock Creepers when they come out for me to do a review. Can't hurt to ask.

I really think the out croppers are going to be the go to tire for the guys that want top performing tires.

Comment

I posted it on their forum referencing you...

Good luck...
                    sigpic

Comment

nice!!

Comment

Working...
                      X