LiPo vs NiMh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiPo vs NiMh

I was perusing the RCCA Magazine and saw these "Great Debates"...thought I would post them up here and see what the Western PA concensis is...

Make sure you vote on the poll at the top...Make some comments why you voted that way...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: LiPo vs NiMh

Lipo. More Power, longer run time. Fits almost all applications. WHY NOT.

Comment

Lipo all the way! Only have 1 car that sees NiMhs at the moment and that will be cured later this winter...

Comment

still of lipo!

Comment

i picked depends on the application....

for instance, the clod super i am working on will see Ni-MH's simply because i am going to use JP knuckles, and plan on taking advantage of the battery grooves...

but, if, and i stress IF, i ever build a 2.2 rig again, i will most likely go LiPO, just because of its size and weight, and you can just about put it anywhere without messing up COG. the same goes if i get suckered into 1.9 crawlers, as well.

i will probabally go LiPO with my scaler i am eventually going to build, and the TC i have sitting on my kitchen table i need to fix up to run VTA... (i am also considering going brushless for the VTA car, also...)

as cheap and sad as it may sound, my biggest issue with converting to LiPO is having to buy a new charger. i just finally picked up my first decent digital charger a couple of years back!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X