Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we limit the number of Channels?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should we limit the number of Channels?

    Is it really fair to have supers that have both rear steering and dig? Should the Clods be limited to one or the other?

    Voice your thoughts...
    sigpic

    Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

  • #2
    Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

    I think supers AND 2.2's should have the same rules. Whatever those rules may be.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

      Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
      Is it really fair to have supers that have both rear steering and dig? Should the Clods be limited to one or the other?

      Voice your thoughts...
      Supers are just that, an unlimited class. I may be a disadvantage since I run a shafty, but that is something I accept as part of the challenge of running a shafty versus a clod.

      Originally posted by sg219
      I think supers AND 2.2's should have the same rules. Whatever those rules may be.
      Yes and No.

      Yes: as in somethings easily relate between the two classes, and are there no limits on radio channels for either class.

      No: as in you can not force both to share the same body sizes, or constraints on physical size.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

        I thought Super and unlimited were one and the same , my opinion is run what you brung when it comes to super's. ....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

          Originally posted by STEVESTOCK
          I thought Super and unlimited were one and the same , my opinion is run what you brung when it comes to super's. ....

          You are correct sir.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

            If its fair to one person then its fair to everyone. I don't think it gives an advantage except when someone's truck isn't as built. If you can't trick out your truck to compete stay in a lower class and build a more competitive truck in a lower class or find another way to be competitive. Thats the point its unlimited.

            When I first got into carpet racing my car wasn't as built as the other guys. I couldn't stay competitive so I stayed in the lower classes till my car could hang with the other guys.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

              Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
              If its fair to one person then its fair to everyone. I don't think it gives an advantage except when someone's truck isn't as built. If you can't trick out your truck to compete stay in a lower class and build a more competitive truck in a lower class or find another way to be competitive. Thats the point its unlimited.

              When I first got into carpet racing my car wasn't as built as the other guys. I couldn't stay competitive so I stayed in the lower classes till my car could hang with the other guys.

              You have the right idea, but in crawling you only have 2.2s or Supers. There are no break downs inside those classes, unlike carpet racing. My TC3 and I stick around in the B or C Mains/Heats since that is where my driving and my car put me. In crawling it is a free for all, think of it as everyone is in the A Main Heats.

              That is why this has been brought up. Since there is no separation of levels in the class.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                What about a sportsman class? No rear steer, no dig. Or even go as far as to run only 1 certain tire. Then it would be a 100% driver's class. In 1:1 they have a Toyota class.

                http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                  Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
                  What about a sportsman class? No rear steer, no dig. Or even go as far as to run only 1 certain tire. Then it would be a 100% driver's class. In 1:1 they have a Toyota class.

                  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

                  Formula Toy is very cool. But 2.2 is more of our spec class.

                  http://www.usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf

                  Those are the new rules for 2008. Supers are the same as unlimiteds, it is a free for all. Same thing with 2.2 but with more restrictions. I can kinda see the need for a sportman's class, but I think any good driver and a well set-up rig can keep up with those with all the toys under the sun.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                    supers should have no restrictions on dig or rear steer! build your rig and run! thats why its super/unlimited class!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                      true to that on the supers. on the 2.2s besides the little restrictions. bring what you build. i didn't have dig all last year. took 4th overall. one more thing WITH A WHEELY KING . and still running it this year .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                        i feel that the classes are ok the way they are right now. even thought rear steer on a 2.2 would help out at time. but with rear dig you should be able to go where ever you need to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                          I believe it should be run what you brung as far as the Supers, Supers are supposed to be unlimited so be it. It is hard to believe what these beasts are capable of doing and Im looking forward to seeing some others in action.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                            There are some of the clubs that run a 2.2 unlimited class.....
                            I know we dont, but they really arent supers... to me supers fall into the catagorey of being oversized rock monsters.... that do everything big, I know I cant justify the otlay for a super but could probably wrangle a 2.2 unlimited... just a thought...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Should we limit the number of Channels?

                              Originally posted by crawler_king
                              I know I cant justify the otlay for a super but could probably wrangle a 2.2 unlimited... just a thought...
                              YOu could build a super for a fraction of a 2.2 unlimited..

                              Clod Axles and aluminum angle...boom you have a super...
                              sigpic

                              Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X