Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things may be getting Krazy very soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things may be getting Krazy very soon...

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: Things may be getting Krazy very soon...

You get those very awesome "wheels" in? I am have been toying with the idea of replacing the MSDs with those, but want to look at yours first.

Or maybe someone is getting the newest tire from RC4WD?? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
      You get those very awesome "wheels" in? I am have been toying with the idea of replacing the MSDs with those, but want to look at yours first.

Or maybe someone is getting the newest tire from RC4WD?? Hmm...

sigpic

Comment

Dad's busted

Comment

what wheels are they

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joen007
              what wheels are they

They are tires...

Comment

I was heading out to a meeting and the Post Lady flagged me down. She said that there was something in the mail that she thought I would really want..

I opened it up and guess what I saw:

Couldn't tear into it fast enough

Was heading out but was able to snap a couple of comparison Pics.

Crazy Krawlers 5"

Rock Crushers 5.5"

The compound seems softer than the soft Crushers...Could be due to the open tread pattern but not sure.

I have to go to work now but Testing will begin this weekend.
                sigpic

Comment

LOOKS GREAT

Comment

I like! Cant wait to hear how they perform.

Comment

Awsome looking tires John. Im in limbo on what to get my for my WK.

It has MOAB's, which are the harder M2's
                      Im deffinatly getting some Badlands, but Il also liking the Muddslingers and the Krawlers alot. They just have that scale look to them that I love. Cant wait to hear how they perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackfoot
                        Awsome looking tires John. Im in limbo on what to get my for my WK.

It has MOAB's, which are the harder M2's
                        Im deffinatly getting some Badlands, but Il also liking the Muddslingers and the Krawlers alot. They just have that scale look to them that I love. Cant wait to hear how they perform.

M2s really aren't that hard of a compound just not the softest out there. My M2 Moabs look worst than most RockClaws do . Which is why I am sort of afraid to go over to the M3s, but I probably will just to have a softer compound. Just not liking the thought of going through 2 sets of tires in a season.

There is a pic floating around of my 2.2 shredding the M2 Moabs and leaving piles of rubber.

The Krawlers are just out right too tall for a 2.2 unless you are building a tuber. The lugs will need to be shaved down to about 1/3 to 1/4 of the stock hieght to have them work well without folding over.

Mudslingers need work, as just like a Bogger there is absolutely no lateral traction. but they do sound cool!

Comment

The Krawlers are just out right too tall for a 2.2 unless you are building a tuber. The lugs will need to be shaved down to about 1/3 to 1/4 of the stock hieght to have them work well without folding over.
                          I have to disagree with this at the early stages...these lugs aren't as deep as the Crushers. They are about as deep as Moabs and feel somewhere between M2 and M3. I am going to try them with the Losi Foams and the Kreepy's. I hope to get on the testing ground this weekend...In between building my scaler

I will keep you updated.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                            I have to disagree with this at the early stages...these lugs aren't as deep as the Crushers. They are about as deep as Moabs and feel somewhere between M2 and M3. I am going to try them with the Losi Foams and the Kreepy's. I hope to get on the testing ground this weekend...In between building my scaler

I will keep you updated.

Well the Creepys you are correct...that comment was directed towards the Krushers...

Comment

I was able to get them mounted up...

I was trying to decide on Losi or Kreepys Foams. I opted for Losi. IMO they are the best "stock" foam out there. I will probably try the Kreepys next.

First off, These tires are narrow and I needed to cut them down. I took about a 1/2" off the edge.

The original reason for these tires was for Rusty (2.2 Clod). I just cannot find a tire to perform on this thing. For that reason, I am mounting them on my VF Stalkers. these narrow my track width and are only 1" wide.

First thing I liked was the long bead material. It set right down in the groove of the wheel. And will not come out...

With the narrow wheel, the foam filled the sidewalls to assist in sidehilling...These tires are soft...

What I like about using the Losi Foams is they are sightly shorter than the tires so you get some nice flex on approaches (charger for now)

Here they are all mounted up. Batteries are charging and I hope to get out this weekend to test them on the Wife's Rock Garden.

Stay tuned...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X