Dumb Noob Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Noob Question

Say I wanted to get some decent 2.2's that would work better than my stock WK mashers. Could I just mount them using glue on the WK stock rims until I have the cash to go out and get some decent beadlock rims? I didn't know if the stock Wk rims would be too wide for a decent crawler tire.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Re: Dumb Noob Question

You have several options...you can narrow those wheels and then you are good or get Prolines narrow wheels. You don't need beadlocks.

I ran narrowed rpm claws all last series...

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I was looking at Tower's website and they have tons of choices for Prolines. Is there a specific one that i need to look for, or better yet, do they carry them at ABC?

thanks

jake

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
        I was looking at Tower's website and they have tons of choices for Prolines. Is there a specific one that i need to look for, or better yet, do they carry them at ABC?

thanks

jake

AB-C carries a great line of ProLine goodies, and can order anything ProLine that you want.

Asking for a specific one is like asking what is your favorite color, everyone has a different answer

I would say start with the M2 or M3 compound Masher 2000s from Proline. They will have handling similar to your stock tires as the tread pattern is similar, but you will get all the benifits of a much better quality tire.

Comment

Busted,
          Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if ABC had the narrowed Proline wheels that Rckcrwlr was talking about. When I was looking on Tower for them, there were about 8000 choices just for rims. I wanted to get a decent, grippier tire and didn't think most crawler tires would fit on my stock WK rims.

Jake

Comment

Busted,
            Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if ABC had the narrowed Proline wheels that Rckcrwlr was talking about. When I was looking on Tower for them, there were about 8000 choices just for rims. I wanted to get a decent, grippier tire and didn't think most crawler tires would fit on my stock WK rims.

Jake

Jake,

ABC does have those rims in stock, along the tires. I don't think that there are too many options for the stock WK wheels. Prolines or even Axial beadlocks are a good choice. Add in the Masher 2Ks, I think you will have a great set-up.

Comment

Thanks man. I'm doing things in little bits and pieces right now. I wish I just had a spare few hundred laying.

Jake

Comment

My 2 cents...
                STAY AWAY from the proline rims if you are going to run the M3 compound mashers...
                I could not get mine to stay in the bead.. if you are going to run them look for some other type of beadlock ring to put on them...
                Go with the axial beadlocks... they havent failed me yet

Comment

Say I wanted to get some decent 2.2's that would work better than my stock WK mashers. Could I just mount them using glue on the WK stock rims until I have the cash to go out and get some decent beadlock rims? I didn't know if the stock Wk rims would be too wide for a decent crawler tire.

Thanks in advance.

Jake
                  I believe Jake isn't looking for Beadlocks...
                  sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by crawler_king
                    My 2 cents...
                    STAY AWAY from the proline rims if you are going to run the M3 compound mashers...
                    I could not get mine to stay in the bead.. if you are going to run them look for some other type of beadlock ring to put on them...
                    except for stripping hexes. the are made of soft plastic and don't fit the hexes good, causing them to strip. only fix is to ca glue them the to the hex first time you mount them to the axle.

Comment

Originally posted by rockbound
                      Originally posted by crawler_king
                      My 2 cents...
                      except for stripping hexes. the are made of soft plastic and don't fit the hexes good, causing them to strip. only fix is to ca glue them the to the hex first time you mount them to the axle.

Use CA or a nice epoxy to attach the hexes from the get go and you wont have any problems. Supposedly new Axial beadlocks have a bit more meat around the hex area to prevent this.

Comment

Working...
                      X