Glitching problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitching problem

Ok guys I need some help here. Ok I have an AX-10 with a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC, Integy 65t V11 motor (with no resistors), Intellect 4200mah pack, and HS645MG steering servo. I just got the truck a couple months ago and everything was brand new. I recently have been experiancing a glitching problem. So first I tryed a different radio twice and the problem was still there, So I changed out my Rooster to an AX-10 RTR's ESC and the problem is still there but not as bad. Any ideas to what is going on I would like to get this resolved before the Comp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Brandon

Re: Glitching problem

how close is your receiver mounted to the battery, motor, or servos. make sure its as far away as possible. i would try capacitors maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
      how close is your receiver mounted to the battery, motor, or servos. make sure its as far away as possible. i would try capacitors maybe.
      Well I am still running a 7.2 volt stick pack and I have it mounted under the electronics plate and sticking out toward the front. My reciever is clear at the back of the plate on top and the ESC is in the middle of the plate. I was wondering if I have my receiver to close to my ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by WV4WD
        Well I am still running a 7.2 volt stick pack and I have it mounted under the electronics plate and sticking out toward the front. My reciever is clear at the back of the plate on top and the ESC is in the middle of the plate. I was wondering if I have my receiver to close to my ESC.
        This is going to result in a process of elimination event. You really should not need resistors on a lathe motor...
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
          This is going to result in a process of elimination event. You really should not need resistors on a lathe motor...
          Well the only thing left would be the Motor, I have tryed 3 different TX/RX's and 2 ESC's, so the motor is about all thats left right?

Comment

Do you have a spacer in between the motor and the plate??? May have interference from them...make sure that the screws are tight...
            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
              Do you have a spacer in between the motor and the plate??? May have interference from them...make sure that the screws are tight...
              I am not sure I will have to check that out, thanks

Comment

One other key thing to look at it is your antenna wire. Is it frayed? Does it rub against any metal parts? Has it been cut some how while running?

I would look at that, and make sure the motor has the paper washer between it and the motor mount on the trans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
                  One other key thing to look at it is your antenna wire. Is it frayed? Does it rub against any metal parts? Has it been cut some how while running?

I would look at that, and make sure the motor has the paper washer between it and the motor mount on the trans.
                  Well now come to think of it my antenna wire is a little short. But it has been short all along and this has just started, Now Im not sure about the paper between the motor I will have to look at that if it doesnt have that is that something I can just make or do I have to buy it?

Comment

Well now come to think of it my antenna wire is a little short. But it has been short all along and this has just started, Now Im not sure about the paper between the motor I will have to look at that if it doesnt have that is that something I can just make or do I have to buy it?

It is a small washer that normally comes with the trans. You can pick those up at any hobby shop if you need one though.

Comment

It is a small washer that normally comes with the trans. You can pick those up at any hobby shop if you need one though.
                      Ok thanks I will have to check and see if I have that on mine.

Comment

Just my 2 cents , I had a bad glitching problem . I changed reciever,speed control and motor , none of this solved the problem. Although they say you don't need capaciters on lathe motors I tried it and it took away all of the glitching. I put 1 between the pos and the ground and 1 between the neg. and the ground . Hope it helps ?

Comment

Originally posted by STEVESTOCK
                          Just my 2 cents , I had a bad glitching problem . I changed reciever,speed control and motor , none of this solved the problem. Although they say you don't need capaciters on lathe motors I tried it and it took away all of the glitching. I put 1 between the pos and the ground and 1 between the neg. and the ground . Hope it helps ?
                          thanks I will try anything at this point.

Comment

I'm currently running his ESC on my crawler, with no capacitors & no glitching as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTwin v2
                              I'm currently running his ESC on my crawler, with no capacitors & no glitching as of yet.
                              Carey Im liken the avitar, Hey did you happen to see if you have that gasket between your motor and plate?

Comment

Working...
                              X