motor wiring question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor wiring question...

hey can someone with a warrior post up a pic of what tabs to solder the wires to? even though i am not using a warrior, the motor i am using has 4 tabs to solder wire leads to, 2 each on each pole side...

no does it matter what 2 tabs i solder too, just as long as they are on opposite poles? or are ther 2 specific tabs to solder wires to???

Re: motor wiring question...

I believe it does matter depending on which way you want the motor to turn, I think one set turns one way and the other turns the other way but Im not sure just my thoughts on it.

Comment

It does matter. Depending on how you wire it you cna have the motor go the correct direction or the reverse direction.

Look for a small + or - on the motor tabs. The Warriors have a red and black cap on the pos and neg tabs. My pullers have a small piece of red shrink wrap on the pos side.

All motors are marked for + and - on them. Just gotta look for it as they can be hard to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
        It does matter. Depending on how you wire it you cna have the motor go the correct direction or the reverse direction.

Look for a small + or - on the motor tabs. The Warriors have a red and black cap on the pos and neg tabs. My pullers have a small piece of red shrink wrap on the pos side.

All motors are marked for + and - on them. Just gotta look for it as they can be hard to spot.
        yeah, that's what i thought looking at my Ti's endbell. hmmm, i guess i'll have to solder on the wires befor i put the motor in the gearbox then.

thanks for the help guys!!!

Comment

Thanks Busted I was wondering if my thoughts were right.

Comment

Originally posted by WV4WD

No problem.

If you really want to go through a mind warp, Kyosho made a 550ish sized motor, the Magnetic Mayhem. I have one, and want to find a few more . They blow away 35T Warriors and a few others, and when they were made were only $20

But...I digress...those motors came in standard and reverse rotation. As they were designed for Clod racers. If you run a standard motor in reverse rotation it is hard on it and you could possibly destroy it. The lathes dont seem to care as much as some of the other high po motors. That is why Kyosho made a reverse rotation Mag Mayhem, since it was designed to work in the reverse rotation.

Soo...as I said it doesn't really matter BUT it does

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
              Originally posted by WV4WD

No problem.

If you really want to go through a mind warp, Kyosho made a 550ish sized motor, the Magnetic Mayhem. I have one, and want to find a few more . They blow away 35T Warriors and a few others, and when they were made were only $20

But...I digress...those motors came in standard and reverse rotation. As they were designed for Clod racers. If you run a standard motor in reverse rotation it is hard on it and you could possibly destroy it. The lathes dont seem to care as much as some of the other high po motors. That is why Kyosho made a reverse rotation Mag Mayhem, since it was designed to work in the reverse rotation.

Soo...as I said it doesn't really matter BUT it does
              yeah, i totally remember the mag mayham!!! i ran one of those in my lunchbox!!!!

i don't think my front wheels ever touched the ground with that motor in it!!

Comment

Working...
              X