My attempt at building a rock racer chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attempt at building a rock racer chassis

As some of you may have seen, I'm playing around with my AX-10 RTR as a rock racer. http://hawkeye.cybercious.com/wprc/v...php?f=95&t=548

I MIG wielded a roll bar for my AX-10 as a temporary way to get rid of the plastic body. I had hopes of someday making a full tube chassis. Well, I had a little time today, so despite the fact I have no idea what I'm doing, I started the chassis.

I didn't even know how I was going to make the front end when I started, I'm just making it up as I go, so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm MIG wielding 3/16 solid steel rod to make this chassis. The geometry of the chassis is what has me most concerned. I have no idea if this thing will flex the was it's supposed to or not.

I have some 8-32 all thread, and some 1/4" brake line, so I just need some jato rod ends, and I can do the mock up when I get the chassis done.

It's a long way from done but, so far it's been fun. Hopefully it will get done, and at least be useable.

Here's a few pics.

Re: My attempt at building a rock racer chassis

Looks like a great start!

Comment

Nice...I need to get one of those welder things...
      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
        Nice...I need to get one of those welder things...

I need to get mine up here LOL

Comment

good start!

Comment

I got most of the chassis done, still need to add brackets for the links and a skid plate, then a whole lot of cleaning up wields. I got most of the bends and wields pretty close, so things lined up the way I wanted them to. Once I get rod ends, I be able to get it to a rolling chassis.

Anyway, it's been fun so far, but I can't wait to see how the thing drives.

Here's a few pics of the progress.

Comment

sweet! god job on the chassis! not bad for your firts attempt.

Comment

Working...
              X