XL-5 programming question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XL-5 programming question...

is there anyway to take the reverse delay off of an XL-5 controller?

Re: XL-5 programming question...

Originally posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER
    is there anyway to take the reverse delay off of an XL-5 controller?

Nope, sorry. The XL-5 is fixed with the reverse delay.

Rckcrwlr might know more, but as far as I know it is fixed.

Comment

yeah, that's what i was afraid of. oh well. i just did a little "jam" session with my rig out in my office's parking lot. even with about a 75% charged pack, that 35t motor has some nuts!!!

plus, it sidehills like a dream, i just ran a 30 foot long curb with little steering input....

Comment

The XL-5 is set with the delay...Nothing you can do. It is a great ESC for a Scaler...Not so for a comp truck...
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

yeah, which sucks, cause it can actually handle 8 cells...

i may just have to pick up a good mini-t pack tonite or tommorrow and run 7.2v with my rooster instead of 9.6v.....

Comment

so what should i do? give up voltage for no delay reverse? or deal with the bit of delay for the extra voltage?

Comment

i would sacrafice volts and run no delay. if you need quick reverse and dont have it you are going to roll cost you points. the minor change in volts isn't going to hurt you that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
                i would sacrafice volts and run no delay. if you need quick reverse and dont have it you are going to roll cost you points. the minor change in volts isn't going to hurt you that bad.

I'm with Rockbound on this one. Unless you are talking about the difference between 7.2V and 11.1V, not worth the delay.

There is a good difference between 7.2V and 9.6V, but just not enough for ME to want to loose instant reverse.

Try it and see how it works with YOUR driving style

Comment

yeah, i ended up running the old rooster yesterday. but, "Dad's hobbies" had an extra 8.4v 2/3A pack laying around he cut me a good deal on, so the voltage wasn't that bad. i did notice that the 1400maH cells felt like they were dumping a bit towards the end of my second run, though, so i guess next time i'll just have to actually remember to bring my charger to peak my cells between runs.

Comment

yeah, i ended up running the old rooster yesterday. but, "Dad's hobbies" had an extra 8.4v 2/3A pack laying around he cut me a good deal on, so the voltage wasn't that bad. i did notice that the 1400maH cells felt like they were dumping a bit towards the end of my second run, though, so i guess next time i'll just have to actually remember to bring my charger to peak my cells between runs.
                    That motor will do that to them...I noticed on my scaler that they die faster than in the comp truck...don't know why...most of the time the yota is in air...
                    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

... i guess next time i'll just have to actually remember to bring my charger to peak my cells between runs.
                      Just ask. I know we had 2 good chargers that you'd have been welcome to use.

Comment

Working...
                      X