Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonus Line Design AX-10 Locker report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Line Design AX-10 Locker report...

Ok what a great product!!! these machined spools are awsome! Very Weighty...
    The down side is that the Ax-10 must have smaller ends that go into the central spool... I have spent the last half hour trying to get my WK axles to mount up into them,,, I still have roughly half an inch or so to get back into the axle housing.. However after carefully "convincing" my axle shafts into the housing with use of a precision hammer (ok I beat on it to make it get in there) the rear end is in place and ready to test, next is the front end...
    I am really interested to hear if the Ax-10 guys have the same problem with the axle shafts going into the spool.. I have a feeling the tolerances are just a hair off between the Axial shafts and the HPI shafts... Hence the issue I had with the intall... alsio in the WK the 4 little screws do protrude a bit and catch on the inner axle housing, this was solved with a bit of sandpaper to gain the touch of clearance needed.

Re: Bonus Line Design AX-10 Locker report...

No better luck.

I agree they are weighted great but alignment is another story. I installed these on new AX10 axles.

1. The alignment holes on the locker are not spaced properly for the pins on the ring gear. I had to force the gear onto the locker with a tap from a hammer.

2. The tolerances for the axle ends is way tight. These too had to be beat in with a hammer. I removed the axles and re-inserted them a few times
    (with the help of a vice and hammer ). Heaven help you if you need to replace an axle at a comp.

Over all I give this product a 4-5 out of ten

Comment

glad to know I wasnt the only one so far to experience the clearance problems...
      I figured it was because I was using a product designed for an axial in an HPI product.

Comment

You are definitely not alone. I was so P'd off and sweaty after trying to install one I didn't attempt the other. Definitely not plug and play More like unpack and BEAT TO FIT

Comment

Easy One-Step Installation Tool sold separately

Comment

I'm guessing from his response on RCC, most people are having this fitment problem.

Originally posted by BoNuS LiNe
            some axles require a small amount of filing it's been documented and suggested .

everyone wants zero slop and the only way to achieve that is a very tight fit . due to tolerances in my lockers and other manufacturers axles some slide in while others need some help

Comment

Originally posted by shadowtech
              Easy One-Step Installation Tool sold separately

That's funny !!!!!!!!!!! I chose a small pall peen hammer

Instructions should say "File to suit and beat to fit!"

You would think that since this was made for the AX10 it would be a perfect fit

Comment

Since the locker is so tight I posted up this installation video

Bonus Line locker installation Vid.

Comment

WOW Del that was funny as heck!!!
                  Thats pretty much how my install went, I used a claw hammer.....

Comment

wow guys that sucks!!

Comment

I installed them in mine this morning. They weren't so bad. After reading about the problems with fitment (here & on RCC), I just lined everything up, and used a 16 oz hammer to convince them to fit. Was quick & painless...a couple small taps & done.

Comment

I am actually VERY happy with mine, with the truck sitting at rest the tires "settle" just a bit increasing the contact area. I did test them out over at ab charles and was very satisfied with their performance, I would recomend them to others, I would have liked to know that the tolerances were meant to be so tight though I thought I had done somthing wrong!

Comment

Working...
                        X