I need your opinion on paint colors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your opinion on paint colors.

I came across a cheap lexan Scout body that I may use on my scaler. I need your opinion on paint colors. Most of the Scouts I've seen have been red, so red is out for sure. I was thinking about a light blue, or an aqua color. I've seen a few old Scouts and Broncos in Aqua, and they look pretty cool, but I'm not sure if that color is too feminine. What do you guys think?

Or the Blue.

I know I would paint the roof white, but what do you guys think blue, or aqua?

Re: I need your opinion on paint colors.

looks good to me!

Comment

Camel YELLOW

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Babypoo brown works, or yellow, or blue, or black, or my personal favorite red.

If you dont want to use that body just LMK and I will give it a good home. I am looking for 1 or 2 more anyways...

Comment

Steve,

I like the blue better than the aqua. I did mine in corsa gray and once I backed it with white I think it kinda looks baby blue to me, so just something to keep in mind when you're doing your colors. If you're not careful it could come out creamsicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
            ....If you're not careful it could come out creamsicle.

Oh and if I forgot

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I have another question.

I'm going to paint the roof white and the body another color on my Scout, will one can of the 3 oz. Tamiya paint be enough? How about for the body, will one can do it?

I guess Busted would know. Yo Busted, how much paint did you use on your Scout?

Thanks

Steve

Comment

One can of white was enough for the top on my Bushwacker, I used the left over to back the inside of the body.

I would go with two cans for the body. I used one and I know it's a bit thin in a few places.

Comment

Originally posted by Stburr91
                  I have another question.

I'm going to paint the roof white and the body another color on my Scout, will one can of the 3 oz. Tamiya paint be enough? How about for the body, will one can do it?

Thanks

Steve

I used 1 can of color and 1 can of white on the first one.

The scaler is 2 cans color and 2 cans white.

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
                    One can of white was enough for the top on my Bushwacker, I used the left over to back the inside of the body.

I would go with two cans for the body. I used one and I know it's a bit thin in a few places.

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
                    Originally posted by Stburr91
                    I have another question.

Thanks

Steve

I used 1 can of color and 1 can of white on the first one.

The scaler is 2 cans color and 2 cans white.
                    Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X