Crawler_King's MRC Scale Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawler_King's MRC Scale Build

Well Boys, I just got my TCS L-Trail Proto chassis....
    The rig is all torn down, and in progress...
    Pics coming soon.
    My main reason for buying the MRC was for the axles... they are the perfect fit for most scale bodies out there...
    Also picked up the Integy 1.9 aluminum wheels and the new RC4WD tires!

Re: scratch box stock for me boys......

L-Trail - I'm jealous.

Can't wait to see the build

Comment

One of the coolest things about the integy wheels is that they have adjustable backspacing... so you
      have a way to narrow or widen the distance between wheels... very cool feature!
      I do have ALOT of figuring to do before I am ready to run this thing.. As it a proto test chassis it didnt come with
      any spreaders, or wider trans mount plate.

Comment

Me Like

I didn't even know that those chassis were available yet. I'ld like to have one, but think I'm gonna make my own scale chassis.
        I'm working on a TVP tuber also. Sorta like the mini edge-but Coles style.
        I'm also trying to get all the part #'s together so I can have some axle kits.

So what body are you gonna run on that lil beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
          Me Like

I didn't even know that those chassis were available yet. I'ld like to have one, but think I'm gonna make my own scale chassis.
          I'm working on a TVP tuber also. Sorta like the mini edge-but Coles style.
          I'm also trying to get all the part #'s together so I can have some axle kits.

So what body are you gonna run on that lil beast.
          Well I am planning on running a 1/10th scale NB Jeep! with the Integy wheels with the +10 hub it fits perfect....
          Yep there were a few of the proto tester chassis avalible in the bargin bin...
          I just happened to get lucky and hit the site while they were in stock....

Comment

Re: Crawler_King's MRC Scale Build

here are some specs on the chassis... as well as futher info onm the build
            Length of the chassis rails is 13 3/4
            the width of the test chassis is up to you... mine is set at 2 and 7/8ths
            The wheelbase is pretty much adjustable, mine is just under 10"...
            here are a couple more shots... I made the end plates out of an ikea cutting board (3/8th thickness).. just broke out a coping saw and hacked off what I needed, I still need finish up the trans mount.. I need to get some smaller drillbits to finish it up...
            so here are some more pics to keep you up to date on progress...

and the loose mounting of the body.. still a bit to do before it gets mounted properly....

I am thinking about recutting the front end plate to make it a servo mount, this way the servo is up off the axle and more frame mounted...
            Also not sure if I should hack off the fender flares and go with a more flat fender trail rig look....

Comment

That looks great. I guess now I can get a couple of those Nikko bodies for a few more scalers.

Comment

Looks good.

The 1/10th scale Red Rubi looks like it is getting some MRC Axles..
                sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

You may have to trim in the flares... they hang out just a tad.....
                  more comin g later today....

Comment

hmmmm, now THIS may make me get a MRC....

granted, i STILL would rather just wait for the axles alone to be available, as they are all i would really want, if i build a scaler with MRC axles, i plan on using an axial tranny so i can run a 540 motor....

Comment

that might not work... the axial trans and 540 might just overpower the axles as they stand...
                      as far as the width goes you might actually end up with the chassius rails over the tires themselves...
                      what is the total width on an axial tranny? that might help with figuring out if it is a viable swap in...

Comment

The axial tranny is 3" wide.

This build is looking good.

Comment

that is about an 1/8 or so to wide....
                          then if there are any parts that curve out over that 3 inch mark you are going to have to shave down the middle of the side rails....
                          Also unless you plan on altering the lower link points and shock mounts it is going to be to wide....
                          would be a cool thin g to see tried tho...
                          Neccasity (sp?) is the mother of invention...

Comment

do it!! looking good! try and make some wheel wideners or get some different offset wheels, don't cut the flares!!

Comment

Ok so I have had it moving under its own power today... there is a ton of torquew twist... going to have to deal with that next... also need to figure out the electronics placement...

Comment

Working...
                              X