"Scaler" My King Lift scale build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Scaler" My King Lift scale build!

Yay!! First scaler post on the new site!!
    Ok so I know alot of us are building up scale rigs for the upcoming season.. so here is mine..
    Its a standard Tamiya High-Lift however I have scrapped out the 3 speed and am going with a WK tranny that will eventually become just a transfer case.. I plan on divorceing the motor form it using a gd-600 gear reduction and another driveshaft to transfer the power..
    I have so far added the RC4WD straight axle adapters, clocked the front axle so that I dont have really nasty front driveshaft angles, am planning on using a max driveshaft in the rear, and stock WK in the front. I've also got a k-10 shortbed as a lid for now, Rock stomper 1.9's from rc4wd, and a set of hummer rims to mount them on coming to me.
    I do however need someone to give me a hand drilling out the inputs on the axles for the set screw/pin that goes through the driveshaft & input on the axle.. Someone give me a shout if you can help.. once that is done I am going to thrash the electronics into her, and give it a test spin.
    Here are a couple of pics if I figure this out right...

Re: "Scaler" My King Lift scale build!

Originally posted by crawler_king
    I do however need someone to give me a hand drilling out the inputs on the axles for the set screw/pin that goes through the driveshaft & input on the axle..
    SG has a nice little drill press at his place... he usually has cold beers too

Comment

Hmmmmm cold beers you say??

Comment

Ok so more progress..
        I popped open the axles and put in the drilled out bevel gears & shafts.. Then headed on over to AB charles to use their tools.
        So now the driveshafts are in, hooked up and working without binding! Now I just have to wait for the gd600 to arrive and then get that in, hook up the electronic gear, and give her a test run under her own power!

Comment

ok a few quick pics of my progress...

limited articulation.. driveshafts secured and in place.

Oh yes ol Rat Fink is pleased with the progress so far!
          Next is the engine, gear reduction, and steering servo, dropping in the electronic gear, and a test run!
          Whooo Ha!

Comment

Are you putting some type of skid on that low hanging fruit???
            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

HAHHAHAHA Yes I am working on adapting the stock plastic skid and plate to cover up my junk... I dont want to geld this stallion on its first run

Comment

Ok.... So it looks like I am going to have to shorten my Wheelbase a bit ... hmmm stupid hardbodies.....

Comment

Ok so I have shifted the rear forward, and it looks like I have to get out the Drill and or use someones drill press, to shift myself further forward.....
                  what do you all think?

Comment

Ok so I have shifted the rear forward, and it looks like I have to get out the Drill and or use someones drill press, to shift myself further forward.....
                    what do you all think?

Wow...that is soo close. Can you center the body to minimize the difference over both wheels???
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually tried that first... however the front wheel well is so close that there really isnt a whole lot of room to shift the body back...
                      Anyone know how I might get some fender flares to work on this? Or have a pic of the bed of a Shortbed F-150? I'm thinking about making the bed functional on this one...

Comment

Or have a pic of the bed of a Shortbed F-150? I'm thinking about making the bed functional on this one...
                        I believe Busted is a short bed...
                        sigpic

Comment

I actually tried that first... however the front wheel well is so close that there really isnt a whole lot of room to shift the body back...
                          Anyone know how I might get some fender flares to work on this? Or have a pic of the bed of a Shortbed F-150? I'm thinking about making the bed functional on this one...

What kind of pics do you want? Or do you just want to meet somewhere and you can get the pics you need. I might just have a flare side short bed F150 that could be of some help.

Comment

Two things...can't you just shift the shackles and leaf mounts up a 1/2" to solve the problem? I am not sure...have never messed with leafs yet.

Also, why are your rear shocks pushed so far back. Shouldn't they be more above the axles???
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                              Two things...can't you just shift the shackles and leaf mounts up a 1/2" to solve the problem? I am not sure...have never messed with leafs yet.

Also, why are your rear shocks pushed so far back. Shouldn't they be more above the axles???
                              Actually I am working the shackles forward, I think I have the front set in the right spot now. The rear is giving me some trouble, and the shocks were still in the stock location for the mock up shots, I still have to relocate them and drill new mount holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X