Samurai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai

Started on it tonight. 1/10th Samurai. Hazzy and RazorRC will recognize the Sami.

Anyhoo, its a 1987 Suzuki Samurai "Buggy" also name Sluggy. I think I am doing leaf springs to keep it original. Also gonna use the TSL knock offs... can't remember the name. The orange Hilux at the comp had them. I can't remember his name either. Anyhoo, I'm even gonna put a small underpowered 360 size motor in it to also keep it scale and just gear it relatively low. More pics later. My comp is screwed up and hates loading pics from my cam.

Re: Samurai

sweet remember he had a doubler in that thing. and the tires are rc4wd rock stompers. and the guy who had it was rckcrwlr (John, Dad, or Da Pres) make sure the grill and frame is red and the rest is blue.

Comment

Looks like a great start.

The name of the axles you are looking for are Hilifts.

Comment

Figured out what I'm looking for, its Trail Doctors. King was his name, remembered now.

Comment

keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
            Figured out what I'm looking for, its Trail Doctors. King was his name, remembered now.
            sdi trail doctors stick king had them. im looking at a set of them for my scaler.

Comment

hey joe remember he only had 34X10.50 ltbs under that thing. dad will soon have them.

Comment

I have a set of TrailDoctors XL's that I don't think I will be using...

Give me some time to think about it.
                sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                  I have a set of TrailDoctors XL's that I don't think I will be using...

Give me some time to think about it.
                  Cool, lemme know.

Comment

Originally posted by razor rc
                    hey joe remember he only had 34X10.50 ltbs under that thing. dad will soon have them.
                    Yea, thats why I want Trail Doctors. Probably the closest thing to LTB's. The Trail Doctor's are tall and skinny so thats why I want them. And thats why I want 1.9s.

Comment

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
                      Yea, thats why I want Trail Doctors. Probably the closest thing to LTB's. The Trail Doctor's are tall and skinny so thats why I want them. And thats why I want 1.9s.
                      That's why I don't like them...they look to thin for my rig.

I have two more projects on the table that I want to rule them out of...if so then you can have them...
                      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

I don't like the looks of my frame. I need to make a trip to Lowe's.

Comment

I don't like the looks of the traction bars. I like the new frame a lot better tho. I started triming down the second trans (Pede trans) I don't know now if I want the 370 size motor. I got the front springs at work, welded on brake line for the bushings.

Comment

that frame is looking sweet!! nice job. much better than the derlin.
                            what are you using as leaf springs in the rear? I can't tell by the pick.

looking good over all keep it up. cant wait to see it!

Comment

The spring out of a push mower pull starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X