Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead...Uh...I mean I waterproofed my x-trail scaler.

I finally got my scaler waterproofed, so I thought I'd take it to Frick to test it out. I see no leaks, so all seems well.

Man, is it fun to play in the water, and it sure opens up a lot more places for me to run at Frick Park. I can't wait to see what new spots I can find now.

I had my camera, so I got a few pics.

It was nice crawling on the rocks next to the creek and not having to worry about a roll over into the creek

And just for the heck of it, this is a still from some video of my AX-10 Rockracer

Re: Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead

its a whole new game

Comment

sweet! water proof is cool!! i love not worrying about it getting wet and there are a ton more places to crawl when your not scared of the water! WE HAVE TO ALL GET BACK TO FRICK SOON!!

Comment

I got back down to Frick this morning, and hit some spots I haven't run on before.

I got my boots a little wet, but it was worth it. Man, did I have a good time.

It was so wet out, the camera got fogged up some.

I had to take the detour around the waterfalls.

I got swallowed up.

Here's a little vid of me trying to run across the ledge in the above pic. Man, is algae slippery. I landed upside down in about a foot of water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hGhOKBOWg

I can make it.

Comment

Looks like fun!! We need to get up there and run that spot again since I have a scaler now

That spot looks a lot like Clayton, OK or Windrock, TN where you do drive up seasonal creeks like that

Comment

dude that spot is awesome!! nice pics

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbound
              Thanks, some of the pics came out pretty well. It was worth slipping and sliding around on the rocks trying to take the pics.

We need to get everyone back down there for a scale run, I could've used a push or a pull up some of the waterfalls.

Comment

Originally posted by Stburr91
                Originally posted by Rockbound
                Thanks, some of the pics came out pretty well. It was worth slipping and sliding around on the rocks trying to take the pics.

We need to get everyone back down there for a scale run, I could've used a push or a pull up some of the waterfalls.

I'm game

Comment

me too!!

Comment

boner time

Comment

Sounds good to me but I need some balloons and silicone...sounds like a 976 call
                      sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

yup! i think its time you water proof the old yota dad!! your missing out!

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                          Sounds good to me but I need some balloons and silicone...sounds like a 976 call

Don't be skeerd....I am not water proof fully and I get it

Just know where everything is...or ask your daughter real nice like if you can borrow her CR-01

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler

Just know where everything is...or ask your daughter real nice like if you can borrow her CR-01
                            That is my thinking...run the Landy for water issues...it is mine...the CC-01 is hers...

need some weight down low so it doesn't float away...
                            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler

That is my thinking...run the Landy for water issues...it is mine...the CC-01 is hers...

need some weight down low so it doesn't float away...

You need more weight to be able to pull Rockbound or Lewis around/over/up stuff too !

Them boys have some down right "big-boned" rigs

I had a hard time pulling rockbound back over the last trip out because I am soo light...which that is just odd anyways with that being one of my trucks

Comment

Working...
                              X