X-Trail Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Trail Scout

As you guys may know, I found a good price on a scout body, so I thought I'd put it on my x-trail chassis.

Here's it mounted up on the chassis.

I wanted to make the bumpers and a roof rack look similar to the ones on the stock Scout, so I just cut a piece of square tubing in half for the bumpers, and bent up some 1/8th inch square stock and mig welded it for the roof rack.

I couldn't decide on a color, so I made these to get an idea of what the colors would look like.

Well, I decided to go with camel yellow, or is it orange?

It still needs a lot of work, but I hope to have it up and running in a couple of days. I'll get some more pics of it when it's finished.

Re: X-Trail Scout

DAMN! that looks great!

Comment

nice job on the paint

Comment

Now that is a great shade of Yellow...
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Thanks guys.

I very new to painting lexan, so there are some imperfections , but overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I'm going to finish fabing the bumper mounts tonight, there'll need paint, then there's only a couple of small details that will need done.

You guys know me, when it's finished, there'll be plenty of pictures.

Comment

Steve,
              Looking very nice, can't wait to check it out this weekend.

Comment

woohoo more scalers!!

looks like its going to be a nice one too!!

Comment

Nice Scout, good job on the roof rack. Is it welded?

How do you like the X-trail?

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
                    Nice Scout, good job on the roof rack. Is it welded?

How do you like the X-trail?
                    Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the way the rack turned out.

The roof rack is 1/8th inch solid square stock that I mig welded together.

Here's the first weld.

I wanted it to resemable a factory roof rack, so I kept it simple. No light bars or any of that stuff going on it.

I've been running the x-trail chassis with the stock ax-10 axles, tranny, skid plate and links, for a few months now, and I very happy with it. I'm running Duratrax evader shocks on it, and even with the cheap shocks, the thing has some nice flex. I find it to be very capable.

Comment

I got phase one done on the Scout, so I took it out this morning for a test run.

So not to be outdone by Busted, Scout bling.

I still need to put some headlights and taillights on it to get rid of the ugly decals.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Now it's times to scratch it all up running it hard.

Comment

Man that looks really awesome. Well done. How did you attach your roof rack to the body? I've got some 3/16 solid rod and was thinking of building my self one, but wasn't sure what to do for attaching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patella
                          Man that looks really awesome. Well done. How did you attach your roof rack to the body? I've got some 3/16 solid rod and was thinking of building my self one, but wasn't sure what to do for attaching it.

Thanks, Jake.

I used twist ties to attach the roof rack. I burned the paper off, then painted the wire the color of the rack. I used a hot needle to poke small holes in the roof to run the wire through. It seems to work well, and is hardly noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                          X