scale Brat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scale Brat

well, here is my thread for my slow scale build. i am in the middle of finishing up my 2.2 comp rig, so that will take priority, this will be worked on as i have time/funds to work on it. now on to some pics...

first, this was planned to be a bruiser hybrid build, i even found this realy nice frame, and had some custom shock mounts waterjetted for it:

BUT...

after setting my hhard-shell on top of the frame, it was about 2-3 inches too long!!

so, unless i went and intricately bobbed the frame from the middle, it wasn't gonna work, so this frame is being traded to coles.

as far as a frame to use, i am considering using an MFM frame, to make it look like it was put on a frame, and a set of solid axles....

OR...

i am considering getting a tamiya TA-01 hummer, and figuring out how to "lift" the 4 wheel indy suspension, to keep it a little more realistic. not sure which way i am gonna go on this...

but, what doe you guys think about it riding on 2.2's??

Re: scale Brat

Them are big...

I would think you were serious until I saw that you posted in the 1.9 Thread.

I wanted that chassis...
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

i want the chassis too!!

2.2 are way too big!!

chassis looks fine to me on size. gives you room in the front to mount a winch and build a bumper. only thing is if the wheel base matches up with the body.

Comment

I am second in line after Coles...I have it documented...
        sigpic

Comment

i was too late!

Comment

i actually was thinking about keeping the 2.2's, kind of how tamiya should of done the mudblaster back in the day...
            (yeah, i am old enough to remember, and i actually OWNED a mudblaster...)

granted, if i wanted to make this look like a real tamiya monster truck, i'd have to come up with some stupid assed, over complicated cantilever suspension system....

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
            I am second in line after Coles...I have it documented...
            haha, oh no, mr. coles is gonna get it, i just have to swing down to his shop on saturday to deliver it...

but, and this may not be the appropriat place to mention this, i do have a used hi-lift frame, if anyoneis interested in that...

Comment

Dude Coles has the shop closed for the moment. He's moving to a new location. You can give it to me.......... I'll get it to him

Comment

Originally posted by DRCMAN
                Dude Coles has the shop closed for the moment. He's moving to a new location. You can give it to me.......... I'll get it to him

OK...you did it now...the wrath of Dad has fallen... YOU ARE BANNED!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

So DRCMAN...how's it feel to be on the outside looking in???? You can read but can't type...

HA HA HA...
                  sigpic

Comment

why do i hear the ominous "Emperor" music from Star Wars playing in my head when i read these last 2 posts??

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                      So DRCMAN...how's it feel to be on the outside looking in???? You can read but can't type...

HA HA HA...

OMG I have learned my lesson

This will be my forgiveness pic if needed in the future

Comment

It's cool guys, It's public knowledge, but the chassis is MINE!!!

I'm gonna use it under my S10 blazer body. But it's short too! Think I'll just cut it

...or put a winch on the front like CJ said.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
                          It's cool guys, It's public knowledge, but the chassis is MINE!!!

I'm gonna use it under my S10 blazer body. But it's short too! Think I'll just cut it

...or put a winch on the front like CJ said.
                          now your talking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
                            Think I'll just cut it
                            NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah let me clarify, DON"T cut it put the winch on it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X