Future of Scale Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Scale Class

I wanted to take a moment and express the experience that we has yesterday that the scale run at Ohiopyle...

Oh my God, was that a blast...

This is definitely something we will expand on.

Now saying that...we have decided to use the Spring Series to have just Scale GTG's due to the timing and that some people either don't have their rigs done or are fine tuning them.

Chances are we will have some type of organized "comp" for the summer series. Here are some of the things we are thinking about:

Follow the Leader
    Timed Events (Who can do it the fastest with the least errors)
    Buddy Runs

Let's discuss some options so we can test them at the coming GTG's.

I just love the limits that they present and the way you need to drive your rig to it's ability.

sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Re: Future of Scale Class

Good idea

We need to have scale comps. With guys sellin they're comp rigs & building scalers. Plus they're a blast! It's more fun to drive a realistic looking rig.

And we can start sooner...at the next GTG. As far as time it's 3 mo away

06/08/08 GTG/Scaler Run-McConnell's Mill State Park

AS far as fine tuning. Everybody's allways fine tuning their rigs!

I'm for follow the leader, buddy, timed & regular runs.

Let's get some input on this guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawln Coles
      ...With guys sellin they're comp rigs & building scalers.
      Who's selling their comp rigs???
      sigpic

Comment

I'm down for more scaler events.. just seems to be a bit more fun than the full on comp.... more people seem to be able to participate at once than one at a time with the comp rigs...
        I'm not going to sell my comp truck just yet tho! but getting my scale rig to do THIS

Was WAY to FUN!!!!

Comment

The comps aren't going away...

Scalers are fun though...
          sigpic

Comment

Why dont we Iron out some guidelines for how a scaler event could become part of the comps...
            Maybe run it at the same time as the 2.2's or supers.. this way We have more to offer at our events.. I would me more than willing to work on figuring out how to work it out... trickyest thing would be channel duplication, staggering people who are doing more than one event, course layouts,
            And possibly adapting the existing rules set forth to our style and area.

Comment

Originally posted by crawler_king
              Why dont we Iron out some guidelines for how a scaler event could become part of the comps...
              Maybe run it at the same time as the 2.2's or supers.. this way We have more to offer at our events.. I would me more than willing to work on figuring out how to work it out... trickyest thing would be channel duplication, staggering people who are doing more than one event, course layouts,
              Slow down sparky...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crawler_king
                I think the Comp. series and the Scaler series are going to have to be split. People tend to bolt after a regular comp due to time or distance or just a bad couple of runs. Last season a comp was an all day event with less people I'm all for fun runs at the comps time permitting though

Comment

Originally posted by Rckcrwlr
                  Originally posted by Crawln Coles
                  ...With guys sellin they're comp rigs & building scalers.
                  Who's selling their comp rigs???
                  not me. Besides I just built one for the little guy.......... He's not even out of crawler boot camp yet

Comment

Do you guys remember our very first GTG at Caspari's?

That was a blast...everybody was having fun. That's what the Scaler GTG felt like to me.

The comps were just getting too long for me since I work Sunday nights...hate to sound like a whiner but the older I get, the tougher those Sunday nights get!

Plus, with gas prices rising, I don't want to drive for 1 or 2 hours to run my truck for a total of 15 minutes.

The Follow-the-leader we did took an hour and with about 8 of us running at the same time...that's a lot of runtime!

I took a bunch of the Scaler pics and made a slideshow....just something quick to see how the whole vidoe editing thing works.

Comment

Oh, yeah...my vote is to keep them seperate from the 2.2 / Super Comps if you couldn't guess!

Comment

keep them separate. we could have a 1.9 comp all day and not even run the 2.2's and super's.

Comment

I didn't know we where voting to run scalers w/ comp rigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I was suggesting is to have a scale comp. Not just everybody driving around. It would be nice to compete w/ our scalers. Whether it be a timed course, buddy or regular runs.

After running in scale comps w/NOSTR it would be nice to have em here. We allready have scale gtg's scheduled. There could be a few different events so those who couldn't stay all day could still run & enjoy themselves.

Just an idea. I'll let the powers that be decide

Comment

If ya'll want to run scaler comps, then review the rules in the rules section...they have been up for a bit. Look them over, put in your two pence and we will discuss this more over lunch at the first comp.

For the spring series the scalers will mainly be GTG style. However, we can try out a comp or two during this time to see what kind of interest we get with a scale comp.

Comment

i think we should run just for fun this year and do comps with the scalers next year. this give everyone more time to get one done, and everyone who doesn't have one done yet more time to play on a trail ride with us this year with their comp truck.

and i also think these scale rides/comps should be scheduled on different days than the real comp days.

Comment

Working...
                              X