18th Scale Late Models...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18th Scale Late Models...

I just looked at those Losi's. While they look like a great idea, I'm personally a wee bit disappointed. I have a good friend that runs dirt late models, and I've helped a bit on suspension setup. I was hoping that they would be a bit more realistic in the suspension design instead of just a standard independant suspension.

Re: RACEWAY HOBBIES GRAND RE-OPENING!!!!!!!!!!!

COLES.....

RUN THE SCALPELS!!!!!!!!!!

i've seen the BRP cars, they look kind of junkie compared to those scalpels!!!!!! being that those are pretty much a DIRECT 1/18 copy of a CRC carpet knife, there is a TON of tunability in those, a lot of people don't realize that a fraction of a mm on a pan car makes a WORLD of difference......

either way, though, the late model losi's don't seem too bad.... (even though i am still not a mini-t fan...)

Comment

Coles... I would be game to run those Scalpels! That looks SWEET!! Having seen the 1/12th scales up at Beaver run, that 1/18th would be a TON of fun.

Shoot, get a series going with you and Beaver for the winter now that would be SWEET!

WPaC pan/indoor comp/scaler series!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Mix in some 1/10th touring car...OH YEAH!!!!

Comment

I'm going to need to sell more stuff.

I was going to sell the CR-01 until I saw Mz_Rckcrwlr having fun with it. Just wait until she see's her Avy...
        sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
          Coles... I would be game to run those Scalpels! That looks SWEET!! Having seen the 1/12th scales up at Beaver run, that 1/18th would be a TON of fun.

Shoot, get a series going with you and Beaver for the winter now that would be SWEET!

WPaC pan/indoor comp/scaler series!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Mix in some 1/10th touring car...OH YEAH!!!!
          OHHHHHHH....
          or even a Hi-Lift chassised class...

you know, slam 'em down, put TC wheels and tires on them, open the diffs, and throw a nice exotic hand wound motor in it....

Comment

OHHHHHHH....
            or even a Hi-Lift chassised class...

you know, slam 'em down, put TC wheels and tires on them, open the diffs, and throw a nice exotic hand wound motor in it....

[/quote]

you have too much money....

Comment

The Scapels are great little cars. Hard to set-up compared to the BRP's. This is what I have been told. I loved running the little Micro's way back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life
                The Scapels are great little cars. Hard to set-up compared to the BRP's. This is what I have been told. I loved running the little Micro's way back in the day.

Yes sir, HPI's micro RS4 is how I got started in carpet racing

Comment

Originally posted by Racer4Life

I don't think they'd be that much more difficult to tuneif you have some basic 1/12th scale or 1/10th scale pan car experience...

and even though the track sounds more 1/18th scale sized, i think a class of these would be a BLAST of you were to bomb 6-8 of these around the track!!!

http://www.bolink.com/kits.html

it's be just like real 1:1 short track....

Comment

Re: 18th Scale Late Models...

I used to run some pan back in the day, 1/10 Bolink Eliminator & Sport, the 1/10 AE RC10L, and the AE RC12L. Ran 1/10 ele. stadium on/off road, 1/10 ele buggy on/off road. Currently running nitro 1/8 and Monster on/off road.

The hardest thing of setting anything up (be it 1:10, 1:12, 1:18, 1:32, 1:18, 1:8, 1:5, 1:4, 1:1), is the operator of the tools......

(CAUTION: sound kould be loud)
                    User Error Video

(CAUTION: sound kould be loud)
                    Anything kan be hard, if the user is stupid

Comment

Working...
                    X