Hi, I'm new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm new.

Well I guess this is the right place to post this. Anyhoo, I'm Joe and I'm an alco... oops wrong place... Anyhoo just coming over. Never been on a R/C page, very familiar with the Jeep Forums. I've been into Hobby grade R/C for maybe 12 years. Just getting into the crawler thing, looking at a few trucks at the local HobbyTown. Currently I have 1/16 Chaos AWD Nitro Buggy, Duratrax Nitro Stadium truck(cant remember the actual name), 2 Traxxas Rustlers, Schumacher AWD electric touring car (cant remember the actual name either) and a bunch of el-cheapo's that I play with at work. I got a Nitro Hawk somewhere, can't find it. I ripped aprt the Rustlers for their diffs to build a independant suspension crawler (lame) but with buying a new house I'm kinda broke and this is cheap. Used to race indoor carpet track so most of my stuff is for that. From the Moon TWP area, and wheel 1/1 Jeeps on a regular basis. I'll get some pics of the R/C's and some of the Jeeps posted up.

Re: Hi, I'm new.

Originally posted by joe_and_jeep
    Well I guess this is the right place to post this. Anyhoo, I'm Joe and I'm an alco... oops wrong place... Anyhoo just coming over. Never been on a R/C page, very familiar with the Jeep Forums. I've been into Hobby grade R/C for maybe 12 years. Just getting into the crawler thing, looking at a few trucks at the local HobbyTown. Currently I have 1/16 Chaos AWD Nitro Buggy, Duratrax Nitro Stadium truck(cant remember the actual name), 2 Traxxas Rustlers, Schumacher AWD electric touring car (cant remember the actual name either) and a bunch of el-cheapo's that I play with at work. I got a Nitro Hawk somewhere, can't find it. I ripped aprt the Rustlers for their diffs to build a independant suspension crawler (lame) but with buying a new house I'm kinda broke and this is cheap. Used to race indoor carpet track so most of my stuff is for that. From the Moon TWP area, and wheel 1/1 Jeeps on a regular basis. I'll get some pics of the R/C's and some of the Jeeps posted up.
    Great to meet you Joe. How did you hear about the forum??? Just curious, it is fairly young and I am excited that people outside of our club are interested.

There are some great people in our club. Look around and if you have any questions feel free to post questions in the Newbie Section.

Welcome,
    John
    "Da Prez"
    sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

hey Joe

John hes a member from our off-road club "blacklist" wanting to get into r/c crawling and i told him about it

well my dad, Mike and, I did

Comment

what hazzy said. we go 4-wheeling at wellsville alot with joe. hes a great guy. he really liked the crawlers (hazzy's super and my tlt)

Comment

I think I am going with an AX10. They got one at Hobby Town, I was drooling over it... Here's my fullsize crawlers. 92 XJ with HP44 and 9in both locked and TSL SX's, and my YJ, or whats left of it. Coiled in the rear with 44s and locked. I gotta get pics of the R/Cs. But yea, I heard of this site from hazzzy and razor rc, Mike and Steve. For now tho, I am building an independant suspension crawler. I hate independant suspensions, but it will serve the purpose for now till everything with my house is done and I can drop some cash on a R/C.

Comment

Nice rigs...

I think AB Charles has a couple in stock also...Go see John downstairs. Tell him I sent you...
            sigpic

Rckcrwlr's Feedback Thread

Comment

yea joe you'll have fun with the ax-10 i got on friday and i've been bashing it hard. but the alum. lockers i hear dont hold up but they have stuff to lock them up.

the second pic my lugsury hummer walked over that. (joe whens the bext time were going to wellsville. my mpw is already wanting to go there.)

Comment

Welcome Joe!!!!!!

Hope to see you at a gtg and or comp this season!

-Del

Comment

You can also contact Crawlin' Coles, who is in the group, for an AX-10. Very cool guy. He has very good resources via his shop.

Comment

Originally posted by razor rc
                    the second pic my lugsury hummer walked over that. (joe whens the bext time were going to wellsville. my mpw is already wanting to go there.)

Comment

Welcome and glad to see ya on here. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around you DD that Cherokee? I live in work in Moon, over by RMU. If you see a F150 on 35s say hi. Looking forward to meeting when the season starts!

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
                        Welcome and glad to see ya on here. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around you DD that Cherokee? I live in work in Moon, over by RMU. If you see a F150 on 35s say hi. Looking forward to meeting when the season starts!
                        He means an old shitty redish one!

If you see a cool black one on 35"s you can say Hi too!

Next time you guys go to Wellsville, you'll have to let me know.

I don't wheel my truck, but I've got a little dune buggy that my daughter and I drove all over that place.

Should've kept this for beating...traded it in and only got about $3500 for it.
                        5-speed, 4.0, 4.56s...ran great and still got 17 - 18 mpg!

Comment

hey mike ill give you a shout when were going to wellsville again. (we go alot of places you might not beable to go)

Comment

Originally posted by Bustedcrawler
                            What color? I work over at the Valvoline Express Care, stop over and say hey if you see a black TJ on 32s behind the store. There's two Joes there that are both into R/C.

Comment

mascman's is a black f-150. and busted's is a redish f-150.

Comment

Working...
                              X